Director of Music and Worship-Allentown Presbyterian Church, New Jersey
A vibrant Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in a beautiful small town seeks a full-time Director of Music and Worship. This position will oversee the various musical activities in this active and vital multi-generational_noemailmunity. We are looking for someone with a vision to build a_noemailprehensive music ministry incorporating a wide variety of musicians and worship leaders. Our worship style is eclectic and blended ranging from high energy contemporary Christian music to Sacred classical works with a full orchestra. We utilize the gifts of musicians of all ages. The person we are looking for will work closely with the senior pastor and teams of church members to craft worship services that are Christ-centered and biblically informed. We are seeking someone who loves the Lord, loves the church and has a strong record of working well with others to grow the Kingdom through worship. We are a church that is collegial, supportive and willing to take risks for Jesus.
• Research, select and prepare all music for services.
• Develop and oversee different teams such as drama, artistic groups, visual and technology teams, etc.
• Prepare for and hold rehearsals for each of the groups regularly to prepare for weekly worship. Support weekly worship and any special services.
• Coordinate, lead, direct and/or perform in other special musical offerings such as a children's musical, band concerts, etc.
• Oversee visual media for the services and audio/visual equipment.
• Be responsible for recruiting, motivating and training volunteers to help lead the worship, music, arts and the technology aspects of our church.