Portland Area Church Seeks a Catalyst
Westside Community Church has an aggressive vision to help the people of the Northwest find & follow Jesus, and we're launching a second campus in 2013. As a result, we're seeking a catalytic leader for our current campus meeting at Aloha High School. Join an all-star team_noemailmitted to making Jesus famous in our city. If you like challenging work, high expectations, a drive for constant improvement, messy ministry, a fast-paced environment, and life-changing results, you may just be the right person for the job. Apply today to be our new Aloha Campus Pastor.
Westside Community Church; Job Title: Aloha Campus Pastor; Reports To: Lead Pastor
The Aloha Campus Pastor will oversee the growth and success of Westside's weekend services at our Aloha High School campus.
We're looking for an outgoing & friendly poster-child from Westside. We want our campus pastors to model the core values & characteristics we aspire to, including...
- Models the 5 purposes (connect, grow, serve, reach, and worship)
- Can motivate strangers to action in 3 minutes or less
- Great stage presence and ability to emcee/host
- Knows how to throw a good party
- Good personal recruiter; knows how to "work the lobby"
- Can mobilize volunteers into teams
- Vision-driven with capacity for detail (Major in vision, Minor in detail)
- Leads through others
- Can solve problems and take responsibility on the fly
- Resolves conflicts & turns opponents into allies
- Passionate Champion of the Westside vision & DNA
- Energized by people and has a high leadership capacity
1. Be a part of the Pastors Team and participate in all Pastors Team functions
and the weekly Pastors Team Meeting
2. Lead Campus Team meetings and participate in All-Staff meetings (weekly)
3. Recruit,_noemailanize, train, support, and multiply leaders of your Campus Team
4. Ensure success for the core elements of a Westside Campus:
` a. Adult Worship Experience (including music,_noemailmunion, baptism, and occasional teaching opportunities.)
` b. Weekly offering collection & coordination
` c. Total service flow (street to seat)
` d. Setup & Tear-Down Team (Roadies)
` e. Children's Ministry Team
` f. Student Ministry Team
` g. Growth Group promotion & filling
` h. Campus outreach (implement through Growth Groups)
5. Take full responsibility for creating an irresistible Sunday experience week after week
6. Be the face of Westside for the people at your campus (Pastor, Emcee, Host)
7. Be available for pastoral care to the people attending your campus. Be aware
of Growth Group Leaders attending your campus and encourage ministry to be
done through groups.
NOTE: additional lines. Request_noemailplete Job Description.