First Presbyterian Church
Category: Executive Pastor
Posted on: February 20, 2013
II. Church Description: First Presbyterian is a Jesus centered, Bible teaching church....with a lot of humor! In the last 4 years 435 people have b_noemaile Christians at FPC, almost 200 last year alone. More than 60% of new members are either by conversion or reaffirmation of faith. Our strategy for winning people to allegiance to Jesus is working -- we are a lighthouse in our_noemailmunity, with people driving as far as 60 miles to worship. The staff is long-term, most exceeding 12 years at FPC. It is a very creative and fun bunch. Our TV and radio ministries reach the entire county, and are one reason we keep growing. The music and arts in worship is simply excellent with many professionals volunteering. Our Sunday School ministry has superb leadership with a Master Teacher hired with years of experience. A feature of FPC is the number of men won to Christ as well as the youth of the congregation, although we are also surging this year in Seniors ministry. Another feature of FPC is we are 35% young Hispanic families! Economically we represent every level. Finally, we are in the process of leaving our Presbyterian denomination and seeking one in alignment with our emphasis on Jesus and the Word of God. See our website for worship clips, photos of our superb worship center as well as our traditional stained glass sanctuary, and our extensive programming.
III. Reporting Relationships: Reports directly to the Senior Pastor and The Elders
IV. Position Responsibilities: The Executive Director (Pastor) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the church in 4 broad areas: supervising and mentoring staff; lead staff in planning that fulfills FPC's purpose; prioritizing; evaluating staff and ministries effectiveness.
V. Personality Traits: A leader; spiritually mature (I Tim 3); strong_noemailanization and problem solving skills; visionary goal oriented person who sees the big picture; a self-starter who initiates; a decision maker with strong relational skills; self-confidence with a servant's heart; passionate about FPC's purpose (To save the unsaved); fun; sense of humor; infectious motivator; coaching skills; integrity and loyalty.
VI. Position Description:
1. Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor to pray, clarify vision, goals, adjustments to opportunities, strategy and implementation.
2. Lead the staff in implementing a strategy to reach a changing society with the Gospel and to make fully devoted followers of Jesus.
3. Lead and coach the program staff in individual goal-setting and accountability to those goals and to the personal behavior described in our 'staff climate' statement collaboratively developed by the staff.
4. Prepare the agenda for and lead weekly staff meetings.
5. Bi-annual evaluations of program staff (except Worship Director who reports directly to and works with the Lead Pastor) and review of_noemailpensation.