Castleton United Methodist Church, in Indianapolis, Indiana is looking for a PART-TIME Contemporary Worship Leader. This person will perform the following duties and have the following skills and abilities as well as have a passion for seeing people connect with Jesus through music and worship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in prayer, devotions and Bible study.
2. Coordinates with the Director of Contemporary Music (DCW) on themes and direction of the music for the contemporary worship service.
3. Must be proficient vocally.
4. Must be able to play a musical instrument (guitar/keyboard, etc.).
5. May select the music for the weekly contemporary worship service that_noemailpliments the theme’s and topics related to the service for that week, when directed to do so by the DCW.
6. Will be sensitive to ways of incorporating music into various aspects of worship such as prayer time, baptisms,_noemailmunion, etc.
7. Rehearses with singers and instrumentalists for scheduled rehearsals and as needed to create worship services of the highest caliber.
8. Will lead the congregation in singing, scripture, and prayer as well as help guide the flow of the worship service(s).
9. Participates in the contemporary worship service by leading worship and/or playing/singing, providing proper guidance to singers and instrumentalists and creating a sense of flow and continuity in the worship service.
10. Works with singers and instrumentalists to convey the mission of the contemporary worship service(s) and convey musical standards and expectations.
11. Must stay current with new and emerging music for contemporary worship and must also be familiar with "classic" praise and worship music.
12. Will cover the duties of the DCW in the event the DCW is unavailable at any time.
13. Completes all clerical work associated with the job, as needed.
Contact Joe Garrison, Director of Contemporary Worship at joe@castletonumc_noemail.