The Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church seeks to fill a position responsible for overseeing all aspects of English-language youth ministries. The candidate will be primarily responsible for Senior High programs (7-12) with secondary responsibilities regarding the K-6 and College and Young Adult programs.In addition, the candidate must adhere to the Church's theological affiliation, teachings, and beliefs. The Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
The Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church is an Arabic-speaking congregation hailing from the Middle East and Northern Africa. Children and young people in the church are primarily English-speaking, however maintain strong ties to their ethnic heritage. Ideally, the candidate will be familiar with inter-generational cultural differences and the challenges and opportunities that a_noemailpany them.
1. Develop, promote and coordinate a balanced program of activities and discipleship ministry to youth with a focus on High School (to include regular weekly services on Fridays and Sundays).
2. Provide weekly teaching and/or Bible study, maintaining an active presence in the classrooms.
3. Train and involve youth and youth leaders in an outreach program to reach unchurched youth
4. Plan and coordinate activities throughout the year for high schoolers and middle schoolers including YEC, Crosswalk, Sports day, Lock-in, Superbowl, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and other events)
5. Plan yearly youth emphasis (ie. Youth week, youth revivals) to involve youth in areas of church leadership.
6. Involve youth in ministry and mission projects, including the coordination of VBS High School Volunteers.
7. Be available for counseling.
8. Be available to parents to discuss issues related to their child or youth ministry.
9. Coordinate and plan youth programs for two annual church-wide retreats (held every January and July)
10. Sunday morning platform participation as needed.
11. Oversee Middle School and College Sunday School teachers and assist with curriculum
12. Provide input and ideas regarding youth and Sunday School curriculum
13. Recruit and equip leaders for the Youth ministry and empower others to lead programs.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
1. Degree in Youth Ministry or related educational/professional background required.
2. Commitment to a team approach to ministry
3. Strong teacher with a love for God’s word
4. Relational style of leadership and ministry
5. Positive attitude and good sense of humor
6. Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision
7. Ability to_noemailmunicate well with parents and_noemaile along side families, especially in times of crisis
8. Ability to relate to the unique needs of teenagers
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to jobs@arabicchurch_noemail
If you have any questions about this post, please call (617) 942-0355.