Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: May 25, 2013
Our medium-sized church, in the growing suburb of Green, OH, is seeking an experienced, energetic and creative adult to lead our Children's Ministry. We are a church which has recently been through the Healthy Church Initiative and are ready to try some new things in our children's ministry to connect with the many families in Green. We are looking for someone who is well grounded in faith_noemailpatible with United Methodist beliefs to minister, both independently and collaboratively, to children from nursery age to 6th grade. Many children_noemaile through our doors each week for Scouts, preschool, and sports, and we want to better share the love of Christ with them.
We are looking for someone who is eager to be:
1. Directing a Sunday school curriculum that is Biblically based, age appropriate and exciting to learn and teach;
2. Teaching that curriculum--hands on--and training and coordinating volunteer/parent teachers;
3. Being a highly visible, loving and pastoral presence to our children and their families;
4. Integrating our children into the life of the church, especially during liturgical holidays;
5. Initiating and_noemailanizing activities to help the church connect with the_noemailmunity's children;
6. Encouraging and training volunteers to support all levels of the Children's program;
7. Managing administrative functions specific to Children's Ministry, especially_noemailmunications.
We want someone with plenty of new ideas and enthusiasm to make our children's programs educational, rewarding and fun. Please visit our web site to get a feel for our church www.greensburgumc_noemail, and if you are interested in being considered, please email your resume with references and a cover letter stating your desire to be in children's ministry to jobs@greensburgumc_noemail . Email applications only, by 6/25/13. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Location: Green, OH
Compensation: will discuss based on experience
Reports to: senior pastor
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, some flexible