Scope of Position
The Pastor of Middle School Ministries shall give pastoral leadership and general oversight to all aspects of the church's ministry to students in the 7th and 8th grades.
The Pastor of Middle School Ministries shall be accountable to the Pastor of Education and shall serve as a member of the Student Ministries Team.
1. Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, purpose statement, and core values of Crossings Community Church.
2. Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
3. Assist in maintaining a well-balanced ministry to meet the changing needs of middle school students, designed to enhance the spiritual development of individuals.
4. Creatively encourage the involvement of parents in the spiritual development of students, and seek parental input for the general direction of Student Ministries.
5. Cooperate with a ministry strategy to address the relational, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of students, and lead by example in meeting those needs.
6. Responsible for recruiting, equipping, and supporting volunteers for teaching and leading middle school students.
7. Lead the various weekly student ministries programs, including recruitment, training and support of volunteer leaders and approval of curricula.
8. Maintain a program for outreach as well as follow-up and general care for middle school students.
9. Represent CCC in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved.
10. Share general pastoral duties as assigned and_noemailplete any other tasks as may be assigned in order to fulfill the position.
Skills Required for Position:
The Pastor of Middle School Student Ministries shall exhibit spiritual gifts such as exhortation, helps, mercy, teaching, faith, encouragement, wisdom, and administration. (S)He shall be a proven, effective leader in the areas of responsibility attached to this position.
Education and Experience:
The Pastor of Middle School Student Ministries shall be a licensed or ordained minister, and possess an undergraduate degree, at a minimum, with a strong understanding of the contemporary youth culture, family dynamics, and the local church.