The Community Presbyterian Church of the Sand Hills in Kendall Park, NJ (57 Sand Hills Road Kendall Park, NJ 08824) is looking for a part time Director of Music. Rehearsals are Thursday evenings 7:00pm-9:00pm and Worship service is Sunday, 8:30-10:30am.
Our church uses many different styles of music. Good sight-reading is a must as is the ability to read chord charts. We are open to creative input and collaboration. We would consider you part of the team that fashions the music each week.
- Attend and lead weekly choir rehearsal for lay musicians
- Select repertoire appropriate to theme of worship service and choir ability
- Arrange, delegate and rehearse weekly selections with available instrumentalists
- Participate in Praise Band
- Provide a_noemailpaniment for weekly service music
- Work with Pastor and the Worship Team to_noemailanize and lead weekly services.
- Recruit members of congregation to participate in the music programs including opportunities for soloists, duets, trios, or alternative music in worship
- Communicate with congregation, verbally or through bulletins or church newsletter
- Manage the music budget in coordination with the Worship Team
Technical and Interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency in keyboard and a high level of musicianship required; stylistically versatile
- Ability to play additional instruments highly desired
- Knowledge of vocal and choral technique
- Clear, effective and regular_noemailmunication
- Position is part time, taking approximately 6-8 hours per week, including practice time.
- Position will pay $200-250 per week, depending on skills and experience level.
Resumes relevant to the position should be submitted via e-mail to the attention of the Personnel Committeeť at office_noemailmunitypres_noemail. Recruitment shall continue until the position is filled. For more information about the church, visit our website at www_noemailmunitypres_noemail, Questions on the position can be directed to the church at (732) 297-9182.