Resurrection Lutheran Church
Oro Valley, AZ
Posted on: July 03, 2013
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Supervise and direct paid staff involved in the music and arts ministry.
2. Direct volunteer ministry participants in the specific areas of music, media, arts, and worship leadership. This includes, but is not limited to directing adult choirs, cantors, etc.
3. Serve as a resource to the Senior Pastor in planning all elements of worship including media, music and arts for all worship services and other events.
4. Help the Senior Pastor develop meaningful worship experiences.
5. Develop and implement plans for recruiting and building the ministry.
6. Oversee_noemailanization and upkeep of the music library.
7. Develop and manage overall yearly ministry budget.
8. Oversee purchase and maintenance of all worship, media, arts and music equipment.
9. Work with other staff members, council and additional appropriate persons to carry out the overall ministry of the church.
10. Attend meetings, retreats and other events as required.
11. Coordinate fellowship events for ministry participants.
12. Schedule and facilitate outside musical groups to present special programs.
13. Perform related duties as assigned.
Requisite Qualifications:Bachelor's degree with a major in music. Substantial professional experience may be substituted for the degree. Minimum of three to five years of experience directing the music ministry in a medium to large church. Knowledge of church music literature in a liturgical church setting. Capable vocalist with choral group experience. Instrumental skills on_noemailan and/or piano preferred. Ability to interact and maintain positive working relationships with other musicians of all levels. Ability to work as a team player, with good interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Lutheran heritage and values and Lutheran liturgical practice helpful.
Compensation_noemailmensurate with experience.