Matthews United Methodist Church, a vibrant 3,800 member suburban church in the greater south Charlotte, NC area, is seeking a dynamic individual to assume leadership of a very active student ministry of 300 young people. Our youth are known for their service in our_noemailmunity and in their direct involvement with missions. This position provides leadership for the areas of Student Ministries (7th Grade – College) and Young Adults. Responsibilities include the development, implementation and oversight of all spiritual formation, mission and outreach opportunities for students and young adults. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required and five years of experience as the lead in a large student ministry is highly desirable. A_noemailplete job description is available on our web site www.matthewsumc_noemail. Click on employment opportunity under the Home tab.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
• Enthusiasm, High Energy
• Communication, including the use of social media and electronic_noemailmunications
• Embrace UMC doctrine and theology, creating a balanced student ministry that includes worship, discipleship, mission, outreach and fellowship.
Please submit the following to pam@matthewsumc_noemail. Please make certain you include all the requested material as only candidates who meet the minimum criteria above and submit the requested material will be considered. Salary range is $55,000 - $68,000,_noemailmensurate with experience.
• Brief statement of faith, personal vision and mission of Student Ministry
• Short video (no more than 10 minutes) that reflects your interaction with students
• Two reference letters from current or former supervisors (specifically in Student Ministry)