We are a growing, non-denominational church located in beautiful Cedar Park, Texas. We are looking for an energetic worship leader who can lead the congregation in spirit-filled worship. This position will grow with our church family and requires the innate spiritual gifts of leadership, discipline and vision.
Weekend Worship and Rehearsal Leading
• Ministry development: Recruit and audition musicians. Lead worship team gatherings. Stay current with contemporary music. Purposeful growth in worship theology.
• Worship service planning: Be spiritually immersed in the scripture texts for the week, coordinate with the message outlines, and intentionally pray over which worship experiences will best feed people to help them respond to God’s word and presence.
• Music-centric work such as arranging, writing, practicing, recording, creative and artistic expression. Be prepared to draw at least 60 percent of a weekend’s music from the top 100 of current Christian music. Use your own gifts and the gifts of your team for new music and arrangements. Be willing to draw from classic music including hymns.
• Ministry-centric work such as preparing teachings for worship team, meeting with worship team members for lunch/coffee, developing other leaders, long-term planning and calendar management, and (ideally) supporting worship teams outside of Sunday (youth, Celebrate Recovery, other).
• Miscellaneous hours: Other administrative exercises such as: clear and timely_noemailmunication with other pastors, your teams, other leadership teams; finance/budget management; overseeing technical aspects (i.e. AV, etc.), special services, assignments given by the senior pastor, etc.
• Participation in church-wide events and other duties as assigned.
• Has a strong background in music and a love for Jesus that is easy to see.
• Ability to read music, and coordinate musicians to achieve a single presence which invites members to participate.
• Willingness to grow into a full time worship pastor.
• High energy, motivated to facilitate growth, and take on new projects.
• Ability to play an instrument preferred.
• Fluency in English, bilingual proficiency preferred.