The Youth Pastor will serve as the spiritual leader of the Youth Ministry (grades 6-12). This individual carries out the spiritual vision for Youth Ministry within the scope of the overall church vision as set forth by the Senior Pastor. Further, he/she develops youth to walk with God by fostering spiritual growth through worship, Bible teaching, fellowship, prayer and outreach. He/ she works and_noemailmunicates with youth leaders, parents, and pastoral staff for effective youth ministry. He/ she cares for the youth's spiritual needs through counseling and personal contact/ ministry and demonstrates concern for families and youth.
DELEGATED AUTHORITY: Supervises and directs volunteer Youth workers and staff. Delegates tasks and responsibilities as needed.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (this position's duties and responsibilities are not limited by the following listing; the employee performs other duties as assigned):
1. Responsible for the ministry strategy, development,_noemailanization, coordination, and review of the Youth Ministry.
2. Works directly with youth workers in planning activities, projects and programs.
3. Supervises the corporate Youth Worship and is responsible for preaching and teaching.
4. Develops, equips and trains youth workers in the areas of discipleship, discipline, teaching, leading Bible study and personal evangelism.
5. Supervises youth fellowship groups, Sunday Schools and other youth related ministries.
o Sunday School: visit/ teach youth classes 1/month.
o Fellowship Groups: visit minimum 1 group/ month.
6. Encourages youth to be involved in church-wide activities/ ministries.
7. Maintains regular working hours.
8. Is available as needs arise, for prayer for sick, crises, and other urgencies involving youth.
9. Regularly attends Pastoral, Deacons, Members, and Prayer meetings.
10. Performs other duties as directed by the Senior Pastor.
11. Maintains_noemailpliance with church policies and procedures.
1. Calling and Commitment
a. A confirmed and_noemailmitted calling by God into the gospel ministry
b. Called by God especially to serve in the Youth Ministry
a. Demonstrates God's presence with him/ her.
i. Humble before the Lord and His people.
ii. Godly and prayerful.
iii. Teachable and accountable.
iv. Pursues personal holiness
b. Demonstrates wisdom.
i. Handles problems and conflict with sound discernment
ii. Works with individuals and groups as a team worker.
c. Is a shepherd.
i. Personable, approachable, and available
ii. Compassionate and caring for believers and non-believers
iii. Encouraging and supportive.
3. Spiritual Gifts and Abilities
a. Preaches expositorily
b. Teaches the Bible effectively.
c. Leads responsibly
i. Communicates and speaks with integrity.
ii. Initiates,_noemailanizes, leads, and delegates.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: As a member of the pastoral staff, this position will have daily contact with the church office staff including maintenance, administrative staff members and various elected/ appointed_noemailmittees, as well as frequent contact with volunteer lay workers and parents of the church's youth members. On many occasions members of the Pastoral staff will have contact with third parties on behalf of the church. In all instances, Pastoral staff members must maintain a professional and spiritual decorum in all contacts and_noemailmunications (both written and oral) with all parties.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Master's degree in Divinity or equivalent_noemailbination of education and experience.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years full time experience with youth in a minister's role or equivalent_noemailbination of experience, training and certification.
SKILLS: TEACHING & PREACHING
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES: None
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Office environment working at a modular desk:
In front of_noemailputer monitor for several hours on a daily basis.
Frequent standing is required.
Operate_noemailputer and standard office equipment including copiers, projectors and phone system.
Must be able to drive to visit church members and friends as needed, as well as to attend various church functions/ events.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: jobs@fcbc_noemail