Fountain Valley United Methodist Church is seeking to revive children's ministry in our fellowship. We have approximately 65 people in worship each Sunday morning, yet just one family with children. We are a church_noemailmunity_noemailmitted to the mission of developing fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ and believe there is a harvest of children to reach in our local neighborhood. We have a vibrant Christian Pre-School on our church campus that is also a potential mission field. We value cooperative ministry for the whole family, that parents can trust and kids say, "I want to go there!"
The right leader for this position will bring energy and passion to not just Sunday morning, but also develop ministry that will help meet the needs of children throughout the week as well. They will have the inter-personal skills and love for children that will help attract new families and children. They will have previous experience in Children's Ministry, as well as bring new idea's to relate to today's family. Experience in leading children's music activities such as choir or musical theater a plus. They must be capable of inspiring &_noemailanizing church volunteers to connect and to participate as a team. Please forward your resume to:
Eaar Oden, Staff Parish Chair
Position Title: Director of Family and Children's Ministries
Half time position to coordinate the ministry activities for children.
* Must love God with all your heart and soul and strength.
* Must have degree in education or equivalent experience.
* Must have strong oral and written_noemailmunication skills.
* Must have strong classroom management and curriculum development
* Able to work as a team member.
* Able to manage and recruit volunteers effectively.
* Reports to Pastor and Administrative Board
* Will supervise volunteer's
* Coordinates activities with Youth Ministries and other Ministry
* Coordinates Sunday Morning ministries for children.
* Recruits teachers and assistants.
* Provides for training for teachers and assistants.
* Maintains_noemailmunications with teachers and assistants.
* Must be available on Sunday mornings and at least one other evening to be determined.
* Recruits leadership, assists with programming, and develops
opportunities for new children's connections other than Sunday morning.
* Coordinates with appropriate_noemailmittees/groups to help_noemailanize special events such as VBS.