Job Function: The Pastor is responsible to the Elder Board and the Lead Pastor for providing spiritual leadership of the church; and is to use his skills in proclamation and pastoral care to meet the needs of persons in Evangelical Community Church (ECC) in Kowloon, Hong Kong. The solemn duty of the Pastor is to feed God's sheep with God's Word in the Bible, 1 Peter 5:1-3. We are a Gospel-centered church with a vision of "cultivating ambassadors," characterized by a balance of the four areas of Worship, Nurture, Community Formation and Outreach.
The Pastor must be_noemailfortable with a Congregational/Board of Elders form of church governance and serve as one of the elders to whom he is mutually accountable. The Pastor works closely with the Lead Pastor to promote the church's vision, train and mobilize the congregation for ministry, promote outreach and missions, preach and teach, and exercise the pastoral care of souls. The Pastor will have particular focus in the ministries of pastoral counsel, missions, and home groups.
The Pastor should lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the ECC family, represent Christ and His church well in the_noemailmunity at large and should be a team player. He should be flexible, in that he will need to wear many ministry "hats," and whose role will probably change and evolve over time. He should be teachable, under the guidance of the Lead Pastor, and seek to grow as an effective, fruitful, and faithful pastor of Christ's Church. He should be accessible and personable, taking initiative to connect with members of the congregation, visitors, leaders, staff, as well as those outside the church.
1. Developing a growing relationship with God and people
2. Committed to personal Bible study and prayer
3. Has integrity, models godly qualities to others, has a relational ministry style
4. Demonstrates a humble and teachable spirit
5. Able to share the load and work closely with the Lead Pastor to wisely shepherd a church_noemailprised of people of diverse backgrounds, convictions and maturity levels
6. Able to balance ministry, family, as well as emotional and physical well-being
7. Exemplifies a Great Commission lifestyle
Qualifications and Experiences:
1. Masters level seminary degree is required
2. Proven pastoral experience
3. Evidence of effective leadership in family, church and_noemailmunity
4. Leadership experience in a multi-staffed pastoral team setting
5. Cross-cultural experience and adaptability to a multi-cultural environment; local or Asian experience is valued
6. Recorded samples of messages preached in a public worship service setting
1. Coordinate and participate in pastoral care to individuals and families, including hospital visitation, marriage and crisis counseling, individualized spiritual nurture, and making referrals to professionals when appropriate.
2. Build_noemailmunity by directing and growing the existing home group ministry. This includes recruiting, overseeing, encouraging, and equipping home group leaders, and helping to foster new groups, and by coordinating assimilation events and ministries to help engage ne_noemailers in the life of the church.
3. Nurture fellowship ministries within the church, such as Men's, Women's, and Young Adults' fellowships, amongst others.
4. Provide spiritual guidance to the Missions and Outreach Committee.
5. Assist the Lead Pastor in teaching classes, and in mentoring and training future leaders of the church.
6. Share in preaching on Sundays (at least once every two months) and teaching at seminars, studies and events as directed by the Lead Pastor.
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Interested parties please send the applications (including full career details, salary history and expected salary) to jobs@ecchk_noemail.
Closing date: 8 December 2013