Please see the Job Description below or download the .pdf Job Description for further information about the position. Go to www.newhopeadel_noemail for further information about New Hope Church. If you would like to apply for the position please begin by sending your resume to Lead Pastor tom.hein@newhopeadel_noemail. We are currently evaluating and_noemailparing resumes submitted for the position. We will be asking questions and interacting with a narrow list of select candidates in January or February of 2014. Thank you.
PASTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP AND CARE-GIVING
Description: The purpose of this position is to implement a strategy of helping people journey from spiritual seekers to_noemailmitted disciples of Jesus who love God, love people, reach people, and disciple people as they serve the kingdom of God through New Hope Church ministries. The need to grow_noemailmunity- connected disciples from initial faith to spiritual maturity requires someone who ministers at multiple levels simultaneously as they are engaged in the development of holistic ministry strategies designed to move people toward biblical maturity.
Discipleship Job Responsibilities
• Partner with Ministry Team Leaders to encourage the implementation of Disciple-making strategies, particularly Home Groups, Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, Adult Ministries, and other creative group ministry initiatives.
• Assist Lead Pastor and Guest Relations Team with Assimilation of new attenders.
• Recruit, develop, mentor and empower leaders for our ministry teams and sub-teams.
• Engage in spiritual gifts and service development with congregational members using the SHAPE paradigm or other similar tools and through actively encouraging people toward ministry involvement.
• Assist the Lead Pastor in the development of a missional, equipping church culture (Eph. 4:7-16).
• Occasionally preach or teach in cooperation with direction given by the Lead Pastor.
• Be available to cooperate with other Discipleship oriented ministries of the church.
Care-giving Job Responsibilities
• General care for ministry team and home group leaders.
• Partner with the Care-giving Ministry Team, Elders, and other pastoral staff to help provide shepherding care for people connected with our ministry.
• Partner with the Lead Pastor in Hospital and Home Visitation.
• Counsel individuals, couples, and families within parameters of professional_noemailpetence and/or help connect people with professional Christian counselors where needed.
• The Pastor of Discipleship and Care-giving will be directly accountable to the Lead Pastor and will meet on a weekly basis with him for planning and coordination of ministries.
• He will participate in weekly staff meetings and devotions.
• He will be a team player, and will work in cooperation with other Pastoral staff and Ministry leaders within the church.
• He will receive an annual review in January from the Lead Pastor.
• Education: at least a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to position description.
• Experience: at least two years of full-time church or para-church ministry.
Salary:_noemailmensurate with education, experience, and skills.