Victory Baptist Church
Posted on: November 30, 2013
Ministry Description (v12.16.12)
Hours: Permanent Part-time, Salaried (10-15+ hours per week)
Pay: Salary (based on responsibilities, experience and hours)
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Summary: The Minister of Worship Arts needs a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. He will serve with the Lead Pastor in the Sunday morning worship experience. Victory Baptist enjoys a more contemporary style of music and desires to include creative and varied_noemailponents to achieve a worship service that honors God, exalts Christ, is Spirit led and leads people to a higher level of individual worship.
The position responsibilities include:
1) Organize, plan and lead practices and congregational worship: Help_noemailanize the order and flow of Sunday morning worship with the Pastor.
2) Facilitate leaders and teams for service in worship ministries: Praise team, worship band, and audio/video team. As time allows, other possibilities may include media, drama, choir, dance, etc.
3) Empower passion of volunteers and work well with other staff: Some oversight of paid instrumentalist(s) is necessary. Currently, that includes one piano player.
4) Staff meetings: Meet with Pastor to coordinate and plan.
5) Other duties as assigned by Pastor.
1) We are looking for a creative, Spirit-led individual who is_noemailfortable ministering in a worship setting that is conservative in theology but non-traditional in methodology.
2) We are a multi-generational church that was founded in 1992. We are growing toward an emphasis of building_noemailmunity and outreach.
3) The church currently has a full-time Lead Pastor and four part-time staff members: Children, Students, Pastoral Care and Administrative Assistant.
4) We currently average 150 in weekly worship. On a typical Sunday, our worship leader leads a praise team (2-3 singers) and praise band (piano, acoustic/electric guitar, electric bass and drums).