Are you interested in leading a church with a vision for reaching their_noemailmunity and beyond? Does the concept of satelite campuses excite you? Do you have the vision, the experience, the gifts, and the character to lead our church into the future?
Grace is a contemporary church located in Gladstone along the shores of Little Bay de Noc on the beautiful Upper Peninisula of Michigan. We are a church family where people of all backgrounds and from many different places in their spiritual journey can_noemaile and grow. Each Sunday we are encouraged in our faith as we gather together to spend time in heart-felt worship, listening to Christ-centered preaching, and getting involved in ministries with others seeking to live like Jesus. We give thanks to the Lord, as he continues to bring new people to Grace who are looking for a church family. We are also excited that so many are growing in faith, as we learn to apply God's Word to our everyday lives.
Our current attendance average is around 550. We have a staff of four full-time pastors and several part-time support staff. Grace has witnessed significant growth over the last decade or so; but we are more excited about what blessings lie ahead. We are grateful to God for giving our church so many opportunities to reach into our_noemailmunity with the life-changing message of new life through faith in Jesus.
Over the last several years we have seen the Lord transform us from a small-town church into a vibrant, regional church. Not only do we have families_noemailing from all over Delta County; but we are starting to reach people in_noemailmunities in adjacent counties. Our vision is to pursue the satellite church model in order to reach out to many of the small towns throughout the UP where there is not a vibrant, Gospel-preaching church. We believe that through creativity, technology, and the power of the Gospel our church could b_noemaile the catalyst for starting sites throughout the region where disciples gather each week to worship the Lord, grow in their faith, and reach their neighbors.
As we look toward the future we know that we are excited about the leader that the Lord has for this church, not only for our current congregation in Gladstone but for those places around the UP where he will have us launch satelite campuses to reach those that need Jesus.
1) Godly Character: Possesses the character outlined in I Timothy 3 & Titus 1, marked by genuineness, humility & family leadership.
2) Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of Grace Church and Converge Great Lakes: Theological beliefs are in alignment with this church and our district.
3) Dynamic Preaching/Teaching: The ability to speak truth in love and to present it in such a way that it is clear,_noemailpelling and effective.
4) Effective Administration: The ability to manage multiple staff,_noemailanizational systems/structures, strategic planning & time management.
5) Appropriate Theological Education and Ministry Experience: Must be well-prepared for this new assignment with a minimum of Master's Degree in Theology/Bibical studies.
6) Commitment to the Multi-site Model: Must be willing to move Grace Church outward into the Upper Peninsula using multi-site strategies.
7) Visionary Leadership: Ability to capture the big picture of where God is taking us & clearly casting that vision with our people.
8) Leadership Mentoring: Demonstrates a heart for equipping men for future leadership in the church.
9) Multi-generational Discipleship Vision: Taking God's people, of all generations, to the next level of spiritual maturity.
1) At least 10 years of pastoral experience with a track record of growth.
2) Experience as a Lead Pastor in a church over 500 attendance with a multiple staff.
3) Recognition of the value of technology for advancing the Gospel.
For more information please check out gracegladstone_noemail/?leadpastorsearch. We offer a_noemailpetitive salary package, including vacation time, a ministry expense account, funds for attending conferences, and allowances for continuing education.