Job Description: Senior Pastor
Position Purpose: The Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Chapel in the Hills (Chapel), a small to medium sized interdenominational church located in Wimberley, Texas. The Pastor will serve as the spiritual leader of the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ. The Pastor will preach, teach, and administer the Sacraments and work with the Board of Directors in the ministries of the Chapel.
Education: Masters of Divinity or Masters of Theology, preferred.
Experience: 10 years experience as senior pastor, associate pastor or chaplain.
Supervision: The Pastor is a contract employee and serves under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Church By-Laws and the Board of Directors, the following are the major responsibilities of the Senior Pastor:
1. To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer the Sacraments to the congregation.
2. To plan and lead worship in with the support of theWorship Committee.
3. To officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, nursing home services, etc.
1. Give assistance in all areas of the congregation's ministry in consultation with the Board of Directors,_noemailmittees and staff.
2. Guide those who have primary responsibility in the ministries of Christian education, youth, pastoral care, fellowship, and older adults.
3. To support, supervise, manage and evaluate, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, the staff of the congregation.
4. To provide pastoral report monthly to the Board of Directors and quarterly to the membership.
1. Guide the Stewardship Committee to promote, educate, and advocate responsible biblical stewardship in the congregation.
2. To oversee and promote congregational benevolence and mission through ongoing support and by meeting_noemailmunity needs as they arise.
1. Guide the Membership and Evangelism Committee to implement ministries that reach out to the unchurched, the inactive membership and new residents of our_noemailmunity with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. To work with the Board of Directors and the congregation assimilate new members into the life of the congregation in conjunction with the boards,_noemailmittees and_noemailanizations of the congregation.
3. To encourage all_noemailanizations and ministries of the church to carry out their work with an emphasis on we_noemailing others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
V. General Pastoral Responsibilities
1. To provide pastoral care by assisting staff, boards_noemailmittees, and member care-givers through visitation, counseling, and prayer
2. To make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation.
3. Guide the Christian Education Committee in teaching children, youth, and adults in the Christian education program of the congregation.
The position of Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends and is a full-time position. The Pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular_noemailmunication with members of the church staff. The Pastor must reside in the_noemailmunity of Wimberley and be active within that_noemailmunity.