Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church
Mission Viejo, CA
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: January 10, 2014
To develop and lead our children and family ministries to be a place where children and families are inspired into relationship with Jesus Christ and each other
Who We Are:
We are a multi-site church with campuses in Mission Viejo and Rancho Santa Margarita.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative team player who has a love for children and families and a desire to share the story of our Christian faith. The successful candidate must possess a flexible, energetic, and outgoing personality and a natural gift for relating to children and families. They need to be able to establish and implement a ministry plan for both children and families. They need to have strong_noemailanizational skills, the ability to lead, delegate, and work with volunteers. Finally, they have to have a fun loving spirit in order to work with our creative ministry staff.
The Director of Children's Ministry is responsible for creating and running our entire children's and families ministries...which includes:
- Sunday morning children's ministry, which is currently centered on a traditional Sunday school
- Recruiting and training volunteers
- Selecting curriculum
- Communicating with families
- Developing new systems and opportunities for families to deepen their spiritual lives through
fellowship, fun and worship
- Providing for a 1-week Vacation Bible School during the summer as well as other events
during the year.
- Overseeing church's Childcare Coordinator and Rancho Santa Margarita Children's Ministry
- Providing effective and transformational pastoral care for children of the entire church
- Developing relationships and connection with our Preschool ministry, which includes both
staff and families
- Be a deeply_noemailmitted Christian
- Love Children
- B.A. from an accredited college or university. Seminary or similar graduate work is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Children's Ministry
- Functions in_noemailpliance with the Safe Sanctuaries Guidelines and the Guiding Principles of
Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church.
25 hours per week
Commensurate with experience