New Life Bible Fellowship
Category: Associate Pastor
Posted on: January 10, 2014
Overview: The Associate Connection Pastor will serve as part of the pastoral staff of New Life, meaning they will shepherd families and have a caring heart for the whole body. Their primary responsibility is loving people. They will oversee small groups, adult Sunday school, and membership classes with the goal of seeing each person attending New Life engaged in worship, connection, and service. They will oversee the assimilation process, pastoral care, and visitation. They will also play a key role in overseeing discipleship.
This person will function under the direct leadership of the Senior Pastor and under the overall governance of the Elder Board. As part of the church's pastoral staff, they will partner in the overall work of the church, coordinating ministry with each of the other pastors (children's, youth, worship, etc.).
JOB SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A_noemailmitted Christian who will participate and engage in the New Life_noemailmunity.
- Be in unified with the culture and doctrine of New Life as presented in our 30 Core Competencies and our Teaching Doctrinal Statement (Available at www.NewLifeTucson_noemail).
- A bachelor's degree, seminary and/or pastoral experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in small groups.
- Knowledge of_noemailputers, including word processing and electronic_noemailmunication.
- Good relational skills and a heart to care for people.
- Must be able to lead meetings when necessary and be available for church meetings as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written_noemailmunications skills.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- They will advance a church wide Connection Group (small group) and Connection Class (adult Sunday school) ministry.
- They will recruit, train, and support Connection Group and Connection Class leaders.
- They will oversee the entire process of assimilating people into the body, specifically into worship, connection, and service.
- As part of this they will oversee NL101 (our membership class), Meet the Pastors Dinners, Dinner Club, the We_noemaile Table, Fireside Chat, and guest follow-up.
- They will evaluate and create new ways to_noemailmunicate with and assimilate people into the body.
- They will function as a pastor for the whole body, being available to build relationships, counsel, visit, and otherwise pastor the people of New Life.
- They will actively visit people in crisis, build a visitation team, and equip Connection Leaders and Team Leaders to more effectively love people.
- Within this they will be most responsible to care for the Connection Leaders and Team Leaders of the church.
- They will engage in Pastoral counseling, generally referring people to specialized counselors after three sessions. Natural exceptions to this will occur, especially in the case of established classes such as pre-marriage counseling or discipleship oriented relationships.
- Overseeing pastoral care they will frequently be involved in memorial services and may be involved in weddings or other special services of the church.
- They will work to establish relationships with unchurched people.
- As part of the pastoral team, they will be a visionary leader for the church as confirmed by the senior pastor and Elder Board.
- They will develop, shepherd, serve, and encourage teams and team leaders ministering with him
- Their teaching will_noemailplement the ministry of the primary teaching pastors. They will participate in Wednesday night classes, other supplemental classes, and training for visitation teams, Connection Group Leaders, and Team Leaders. They will not normally teach at weekend worship services.
EVALUATION & COMPENSATION
The Connection Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor and will receive an annual performance review by the Senior Pastor. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Board of elders.