Discovery Bible Fellowship, in Owasso OK is hiring a Community Groups & Teaching Pastor. Discovery functions as a Non-Denominational church which is unapologetically Biblical and contemporary in style. Its theology is reformed and is governed by a Board of Elders. Discovery has grown each of the past 10 years averaging approximately 800 in attendance on a Sunday morning. At the core of the churches values, strategy and mission is transformation through God centered applicable teaching; Community Groups; and local and global cause ministries. We are located in a suburb just 20 minutes north of Tulsa, OK. Please visit our website at www.DiscoverTheOne_noemail for more information about our church.
If you are looking to serve on a team that is energetic, spiritual contributors who love to laugh, and honor God with integrity, read on…
Our mission: Inviting people to discover new life and_noemailmunity in Christ.
Spiritual Growth Philosophy:
At Discovery we believe spiritual growth happens naturally as people consistently live out 7 habits over time:
• Be_noemailmitted to a local church
• Engage God in scripture and prayer
• Grow in a_noemailmunity group
• Serve according to your giftedness
• Invest in God’s work – Be generous
• Seek justice for the poor and marginalized
• Invite others to know Christ.
Our Core Values:
• It is all about God, not us.
• Love, grace and truth must define all of our relationships.
• Lost people matter to God and therefore are a priority to us.
• Prayer is essential because it releases the power of God to a_noemailplish His purposes.
• God's Word_noemailmunicated with doctrinal integrity and cultural relevance leads to ongoing transformation.
• God invites every Christian to discover joy and meaning through utilizing his/her spiritual gift(s) in ministry.
• We demonstrate that money is not our god by giving back to God at least 10% of our i_noemaile.
• Ministry led by the Holy Spirit involves creativity, innovation and risk taking.
• Excellence honors God and inspires people.
Job Title: Community Groups & Teaching Pastor
One-Sentence Job Description:
Make disciples by effectively leading adults to consistently live out the 7 habits of spiritual growth.
Direct Report: This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor.
Lead Discovery’s overall adult discipleship (Community Groups) Anticipated Amt of Time (60%)
o Oversee the growth of the_noemailmunity groups from assimilation to leadership.
o Enlist, develop and multiply leaders and coaches.
o Lead, develop, and advance our church-wide small groups system.
o Oversight to Men’s, Women’s and Support/Recovery groups (included in our groups system)
Provide leadership and oversight to Discovery’s Local Causes. Anticipated Amt of Time (20%)
o Lead and oversee partnerships with local_noemailanizations & grass-roots causes.
o Pursue and develop new avenues/causes that bring hope and restoration.
Shared staff roles Anticipated Amt of Time (20%)
o Preach at weekend services, as a part of our preaching team. (12 x’s annually)
o General pastoral functions (weddings, funerals, all church initiatives, dedications)
Measure of Success:
The person filling this role will help define goals related to people living out the 7 habits of spiritual growth. Success in this position will be measured by a_noemailplishing those goals.
• Team Player
• Ability to cast and_noemailmunicate vision creatively, consistently and clearly in a winsome manner
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and relational IQ, with the ability to encourage and inspire.
• Creative and Innovative approach to strategic planning and problem solving
• Ability to create/evaluate/continually modify effective Systems for efficiency and ministry growth.
• Effective Preaching skills with clear evidence of teaching for transformation
• Experience in_noemailmunity development ministries/projects/causes.
• Thick skin and can laugh
• Soft heart
• Passion for Christ
• Passion for discipleship (holistic discipleship, not just Bible study)
• Fun to be around
• Financial wisdom
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, but prefer a Masters in Ministry.
• Track record that demonstrates the ability to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a full time ministry setting (500+ membership) where the above qualifications have been demonstrated and abilities to perform above responsibilities proven.