Church on the Hill
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: February 13, 2014
Qualifications: Applicant must be a courageous Christ-follower who (1) maintains a consistent devotional life of prayer and Bible study, (2) has a history of active service within and tithing to a local church, (3) demonstrates observable Christian behavior with family, friends and_noemailmunity, (4) influences others to b_noemaile courageous followers of Christ and (5) accepts the Church on the Hill statement of faith
Applicant must have a definite spiritual calling to minister to youth and should (1) be pursuing or have received an associate's degree or better in a related field, (2) have a minimum of 2 years experience in a church of 500 or more, (3) have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a related field, (4) be pursuing or have received ordination in an evangelical church.
Applicant should demonstrate a substantial collection of the following gifts, characteristics and abilities: leadership, duplication, enthusiasm, self-motivation, initiative, management,_noemailanization, delegation, creativity, relationship building, team-mindedness, professionalism, maturity,_noemailmunication.
Applicant should understand and accept these youth ministry philosophies: (1) relevant_noemailmunication of God's word requires techniques and strategies that address the history, needs, preferences and learning styles of various teens and college age adults, (2) to be effective long-term, volunteers must be appreciated & encouraged as much as they are equipped & held accountable, (3) to impact the maximum number of teens and young adults possible, balance in outreach and discipleship efforts must be sought, (4) for the sake of the individual and the church, youth ministry must develop a strong, lasting connection between students and the church.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
1. Stay connected to the church body by attending celebration services weekly and through other provided connection points (small groups, classes, all-church events, service opportunities, etc.).
2. Attend staff meetings as determined with supervisor.
3. Comply with personnel policy.
4. Provide a brief monthly written report about youth and college ministries to the Associate Pastor of Family Ministries.
5. Participate in celebration services and other events as requested.
6. Recruit, equip and lead a diverse team of volunteers to reach youth and college adults.
7. Appreciate, encourage and connect with volunteers in various ways.
8. Maintain awareness of trends, tools and techniques that reach today's youth and college adults.
9. Plan and provide opportunities for spiritual growth in the lives of Church on the Hill youth and college students. (mission experiences, local serving opportunities, Bible studies, mentoring programs, worship & teaching events, and various small group experiences, etc.)
10. Plan and provide opportunities that will reach lost and unchurched youth and college adults.
11. Plan and provide positive social experiences for youth and college adults.
12. Implement a separate, three-year scope and sequence or discipleship plan for both middle school and high school ministries.
13. Implement a strategic plan to move students in youth and college ministries into the larger body of Church on the Hill.
14. Make regular appearances on middle school, high school and area college campuses
15. Maintain frequent, effective_noemailmunication with parents of youth (email, text, notes, parking lot, etc.)
16. Provide leadership to Highpoint Endowment efforts. (Highpoint supports spiritual and educational goals of youth in our_noemailmunity, offering scholarships for various endeavors.)
17. Delegate, supervise and manage the efforts of the part-time Youth Ministries Assistant.