Faith Church of the Valley is affiliated with the EFCA but we function like a non-denominational church. We are looking for a full-time Worship Leader to join our dynamic team. With new excitement and new vision, our church is poised and ready to break through the 500 attendance barrier and beyond.
The person we are looking for must fit the following worship leader role as defined by Bob Kauflin:
"An effective corporate worship leader, aided and led by the Holy Spirit, skillfully_noemailbines biblical truth with music to magnify the worth of God and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, thereby motivating the gathered church to join him in proclaiming and cherishing the truth about God and seeking to live all of life for the glory of God."
Primary responsibilities :
- Lead both contemporary and blended musical styles.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to develop weekly service plans that fit with the series theme
- Implement all musical and creative elements of worship gatherings
- Mentor and shepherd worship teams
- Recruit new musicians and vocalists
- Must be a person of Godly character, evidencing the fruit of the Spirit
- Must be in agreement with our Vision, Values and Statement of Faith
- Experienced Worship Leader with vocal and musical skills (guitar and/or piano)
- Displays a confident grasp of music theory
- Has a strong stage presence
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Bible, especially as it applies to worship
- Possess' a pastoral heart and love for people; ability to lead a team of volunteers and work effectively with staff and leadership teams
REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION: A submitted resume, and video link to the candidate leading at least one song with multiple musicians in a worship gathering (preferably an entire set).
Links are accepted from Vimeo or YouTube.
Send your resume to john@fcov_noemail