Posted on: March 13, 2014
The MET (themetonline_noemail), a multi-site church in Houston, Texas, is seeking candidates for a Technical Director position. The Technical Director is responsible for all aspects of the Audio/Visual and Broadcast_noemailponents of the Jones Road Campus. This includes, but is not limited to, Sunday morning activities, Wednesday night Youth events, Thursday night rehearsals, as well as other various events. Provides direction and vision to a team of staff and volunteers, challenging them to achieve a high level of excellence in audio, lighting, broadcast, and web platforms.
The Technical Director is responsible for:
· In charge of supervising and scheduling the staffing of technicians for all events using a_noemailbination of internal staff, volunteers, and external contractors (when needed)
· Communicates closely with event planners to ensure that all audio/visual/broadcast_noemailponents are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goal(s) of the particular event
· Ability to lead and develop a team made up of staff and volunteers
· Be prepared to be a contingency technician on an exception basis which may include assisting with room configuration, setup and tear down of audio/visual/broadcast equipment in addition to physical configuration (lifting involved) and connecting and interfacing all audio/visual/broadcast equipment
· Supervise staff in their work assignments and performance development
· Work within established budgets to achieve the objectives of the department
· Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
· 2-5 years of related experience within Audio/Visual industry and/or church live event production
· Minimum 2 years experience leading a team
· Extensive knowledge of operating audio visual equipment which includes, but is not limited to, audio, lighting, staging, data, video, broadcast, etc.
· Familiar with Audio, Video and Lighting best practices and industry standards
· Utilize_noemailplex_noemailputer operations (audio/video/broadcasting hardware)
- Maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet_noemailmitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives, and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts.
- Organized: Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be a_noemailplished.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages and embrace dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions. Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort.
- Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all_noemailpany policies and procedures while also_noemailpleting work timely and in accordance with performance expectations.