Accountability: Senior Pastor
General Purpose: Direct, develop and lead the Children's Ministry of MLC by seeking to fulfill the congregation's mission statement in all activities. The Children's Ministry is responsible for children, ages birth through 5th grade, and their families.
* A learner and leader who strives in word and action to be a worthy example of Christian living.
* Work cooperatively with others to carry out joint projects.
* Invest a percentage of time continuously to develop one's fullest potential of life in Christ.
* Investigate best practices in Children's Ministry to develop and innovate within MLC.
* Coordinate and oversee recruiting, equipping and nurturing of volunteers in the areas of Children's Ministry, including:
- Sunday School (Preschool - 5th grade)
- Nursery (Birth - 36 months)
- Kids' Church
- Vacation Bible School and Day Camp
- Kid Friendly
- Other programs as developed assigned
* Select, modify and/or develop curriculum that will help children grow intellectually and spiritually as followers of Jesus.
* Come alongside parents to assist them in being primary Christian examples for their children and creating a Biblical worldview in their homes.
* Effectively and creatively_noemailmunicate needs and opportunities for Children's Ministry to families and to the entire congregation.
* Collect and update records for all children and their families at MLC.
* Work cooperatively with MLC staff by attending regular staff meetings and collaborating on church-wide initiatives.
* Partner with the Middle School Director to develop rubrics that ensure smooth transitions between programs.
* Support the work of the Christian Education Team as staff liaison.
* Formulate and oversee the budget for children's Ministry.
* Coordinate teaching environments property and equipment needs with Church Council and Staff.
* Passionate and_noemailmitted follower of Jesus Christ with a love for children
* Strong_noemailanizational and administrative skills
* Effective in leading, recruiting and inspiring adult volunteers
* Computer literate and_noemailpetent with social media
* Four-year degree, preferably in elementary education, Christian education or related field
* 3+ years' experience in children's ministry (professional or volunteer)
Submit resume and cover letter to: Barbara Baker, barbbaker@morningsidelutheran_noemail.