Sparta Evangelical Free Church
Posted on: April 09, 2014
The person in this position will enable the church to worship and express genuine gratitude to the Lord God Almighty and our Savior, Jesus Christ, through leadership skill, gifting and musical talent.
● Has personally received God's gift of Salvation through Christ
Demonstrates mature Christian character as evidenced by a sincere heart for God and a meek heart to serve others- (Philippians 2: 3-4)
Endorse and support core values and beliefs of the Sparta Evangelical Free Church as expressed in the EFCA and the church's constitution and by-laws as well as policies and procedures.
Is gifted and trained in the field of church music, audio/visual arts, drama and applicable technology
Balances and blends broad styles of music, both vocal and instrumental, to evoke worship
Has a confirmed calling to this ministry
Meets Biblical qualifications - (1 Timothy 3: 1-7)
Bachelor's degree in church music, music education or equivalent preferred
Proven record of exceptional performance in worship ministry leadership
○ Positive-at all times but especially when under pressure or when faced
with difficult people or circumstances (Galatians 5:22-23)
○ Caring-to all people but particularly those in need or exhibiting weakness
○ Serving-as a way of life but specifically in regard to this position
○ Cooperative-with staff, volunteers, and congregation
○ Supportive-of the Pastor, staff and lay leaders of the church
○ Willing-"Whatever it takes"
○ Christ-like-in everything
○ Creative-takes a fresh approach, thinks outside "the box"
○ Initiative-sees a need and, instinctively, moves to meet it
○ Flexible-to respond to the ever-changing requirements of a ministry
○ Organization-moves random activities toward effective and efficient functions
○ Professional-exudes professionalism and strives for excellence
○ Leader-of self, individuals and teams
○ Communicator- Effectively_noemailmunicates the Word of God in both word and
○ Problem solver-addressing and ove_noemailing challenges by using Biblical
○ Able to deal discretely and, where necessary, confidentially with information
concerning individuals as well as church life and ministry
Bring glory to God through the gift of worship and music
Lead and coordinate the music ministry of the church
o Select and catalog new and existing music and materials
o Schedule and oversee vocal and instrumental teams for worship services, and other events in coordination with the Worship Committee (such as ...cantatas, holiday programs, special services, & drama events, etc)
o Oversee all other music_noemailanizations ( i.e., choir, ensembles, youth, children, audio visual, ushers)
o Recruit, develop and direct individuals in the church family to utilize their gifts & talents to serve in the music ministry
o Oversee the purchase, maintenance and repair of all musical instruments and audio visual equipment
o Coordinate with the pastor to provide meaningful worship to each service
Create a worshipful environment
o Lead the church family in God-centered worship
Plan and administer the worship ministry budget
Assume administrative responsibilities associated with the worship and music ministry
Assist pastoral team when and where necessary
This person will report to the Senior Pastor
This person will work in cooperation as a team member of the church staff.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Describe briefly, your philosophy of worship reflecting on the purpose of worship, God's role in worship, the worshippers' role, the role of the worship leader and style of worship.
2. Describe your calling into the ministry.
3. Describe your process for preparing for a Sunday morning service.