First Baptist Church of Geneva
Posted on: May 04, 2014
Director of Communications and Director of Facilities and Information Technology
Working with the Director of Communications, design and develop an improved website from both creative and technical perspectives. Update content and improve the layout and design of pages to enhance usability. Maintain website and other WordPress sites; provide technical updates and improvements to ensure servers, hardware and software operate efficiently; provide backup management of the site; provide coding and technical support; edit and_noemailpress images; maintain VPS including updates, optimization, monitoring error logs and installing new sites; and provide Windows server support including DHCP, Active Directory, and Group Policy. Responsible for SEO and SEM and all analytics.
Working with the Director of Facilities and Information Technology, manage all information systems and provide information processing and systems support to all staff. Plan and control systems development and maintenance, hardware acquisitions and facilities to ensure they all support_noemailanization's goals and objectives. Lead the design, development and maintenance of systems, programs, and software to meet current and future needs. Establish policies, standards, practices, and security measures that ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and the safeguarding of information.
Abilities and Attributes:
1. Abiding personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Embracing the FBCG statement of faith and ministry vision, mission and values, and living them each day
3. Track record of able design and execution of internal processes, with excellent management and_noemailanizational skills
4. Ability to enhance positive team environment built on creativity, innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement
5. Education and experience in website design, updating and maintenance
6. Ability to assess website user needs and develop practical approaches to meeting them
7. Strong knowledge of current and emerging web technologies and a desire to follow and adopt best practices in a ministry context
8. Experience with Windows and Windows server, Microsoft Office, Google apps,_noemailwork administration, and IT support
9. Strong eye for design, strategic creativity, and attention to detail
10. Able to form strong relationships with multiple groups of stakeholders, and to develop strategies and tactics for new approaches to meeting ministry needs
11. Dedicated to b_noemailing an active member of FBCG
FBCG is a growing congregation of ~4000 located in Geneva, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago. We are a member of Converge, formerly Baptist General Conference. For more information, visit fbcg_noemail. To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and links to a portfolio or relevant work experience to dkight@fbcg_noemail.