Job Description for Children's Pastor
Position Description: The Children's Pastor oversees, guides, and provides leadership for the ministry including services, policies, and vision casting.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Oversee all of the children's ministries from 0-12 on Sunday's as well as Wednesday nights, which includes connecting with the coordinators on a monthly basis.
2. Plan, develop, and implement a kid's service on Sunday morning for ages 5-11 that will include relevant teaching, passionate worship, and response time. This will also include fun and creative elements that will help the children connect to one another as well as Jesus. It will also include creating an exciting environment that will make Jesus irresistible to children.
3. Oversee the safety procedures @ SFF including background checks on workers as well as our children's check-in system. (Must file the background checks with you)
4. Coordinate and plan a Christmas program for kids that will allow us the opportunity to touch families during the holiday season.
5. Coordinate and plan 2-3 outreaches for kids throughout the year... (VBS/Kid's Crusade, Halloween Outreach, and Easter Egg Hunt are a few ideas)
6. Prioritize BGMC in your weekly ministry as well as through a few fundraising events, etc.
7. Facilitate Kids Camps every summer for our kids.
8. Connect monthly with the Life Group leaders that you presently oversee and provide report. (Specific monthly meetings with whole Children's Ministry Team).
Directly Responsible to: Lead Pastor