Rancho Community Church
Posted on: July 21, 2014
Mission of the Position: The choir director is responsible for providing the leadership in the area of choral music. He/she is to use this position to develop a choir who is able to sing songs a broad variety of musical styles, focusing on traditional choruses, Hymns & Anthems
Supervision: The choir director is under the direct supervision of the Worship Arts Pastor
1. A_noemailmitted Christian who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others.
2. A Bachelor's Degree in Music or equivalent is preferred, but at least 5 years of experience leading adult choirs is required.
3. Strong Knowledge of traditional Choral music and the ability to teach and continue to develop the choir in these areas.
4. Willingness to work cooperatively with the Worship Arts Pastor.
5. Possess effective interpersonal_noemailmunication skills.
6. Possess good_noemailanizational skills.
7. Possess a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop a choir who is capable of singing traditional Choral music and modern worship songs.
2. Develop a choir who is able to sing weekly at the traditional worship services.
3. Direct choir during weekly worship services and lead weekly rehearsals.
4. Develop a choir calendar that includes weekly participation in the traditional worship services September 1st through the July 4th weekend.
5. Attend worship and music_noemailmittee meetings.
6. Work well with the existing Traditions program team
7. Assist the Director of Worship Arts with major musical events, i.e. Christmas Musical Christmas Eve service and Easter service.
8. 2 Sunday services- Currently would include performing at one now and preparing for eventual second one. Preparation would include all plans to prepare for second service, including research, planning etc. Will eventually have choir performing at 2 services.
9. Recruit new choir members each year from within the overall church body.
10. Purchase choral music staying within the annual budget.