First United Methodist Church Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge, TN
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: July 23, 2014
Position: Director of Child and Family Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor
1. Mature Christian character with a solid theological foundation and a desire for ministry.
2. College degree in relevant field or_noemailparable experience working with children and volunteers.
3. Experience with Christian Education and program resources including United Methodist resources.
4. Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, train, empower, and supervise others.
5. Commitment to a team approach to ministry.
6. Ability to plan for and manage financial resources.
7. Good written, interpersonal, and oral_noemailmunication skills.
8. Able to be self-directed and to multi-task.
9. Ability to relate to/with children of all ages as well as their parents/ grandparents.
1. Overall responsibility for ministry to children from birth through 6th grade.
2. Supervise, lead, support, equip and empower staff and laity supporting ministries to children and their families and provide staff support for:
a. Sunday School (Age 2 through 6th grade)
b. Wednesday Night Children's Activities
c. Friday Nite Live!
d. Tweens Activities
e. Vacation Bible Schools
f. Oak Ridge Mother's Group (ORMG)
g. Ministries directed towards the families of children
h. Annual children's activities such as the Christmas Pageant or summer camper-ship programs.
3. Provide on-going evaluation of current children's programs at FUMC, work to strengthen programs that are meeting needs and functioning well, and r_noemailmend the redirection, modification, or elimination of those
programs that are no longer meeting needs.
4. Work as program staff member with the Children and Family Ministries Planning Team to develop and implement new programs relative to the needs of children and their families and to determine short-term and long-range
goals for maintaining a relevant and vibrant ministry.
5. Oversee, support, equip and empower Childcare Ministries and supervise the Childcare Coordinator.
6. Responsible for_noemailmunicating, enforcing, and supporting the Child Protection Policy of First United Methodist Church to staff, laity, and paid nursery workers.
7. Seek out and cultivate volunteers to assist with ministries to children and their families.
8. Work to coordinate and promote FUMC programs and activities through the staff, laity, and clergy in such a manner that they_noemailprise a unified total ministry with respect to continuity, balance, and timing.
9. Serve as supervisor and mentor to Director of First Steps Child Development Center and serve on the First Steps Executive Board.
10. Staff monthly Children and Family Ministries Planning Team meetings.
11. Attend weekly Staff Meetings and Program Staff meetings.
12. Attend monthly Church Council meetings.
13. Attend other meetings as requested for special reports or program coordination.
14. Attend worship weekly and fellowship events as able.
15. Coordinate worship for Children including but not limited to coordinating Children's Time / Time with Young Disciples. Develop and implement Children's worship for both traditional Sunday worship services.
16. Do other tasks as assigned by supervisor upon mutual agreement
This staff member reports to the Senior Pastor and works in coordination with the Associate Pastor(s), Director(s)of Music Ministries, and Director of Student Ministries.
The regular work week for program ministries is Sunday through Thursday, with the understanding that each staff member will fulfill their_noemailmitments and_noemailmunicate their schedule to a supervisor.
Full Time / Exempt