Byron United Methodist Church
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: August 13, 2014
Position summary: Provide a well–balanced program for youth that will seek to win the lost to Christ, and to help those who are Christians to mature in Christ and discover the personal gifts and abilities with which God has blessed them. The one word that describes and entails the concept of youth ministry is the word "discipleship."
Responsible to: Director of Student Ministries will be under the direct supervision of the Pastor. Director will also respond to directions and requests from the Chairman of the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPR) since this_noemailmittee has ultimate responsibility for all church employees.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop, promote, and coordinate a balanced program of activities and
discipleship ministry to youth (students including College Age).
2. Train and involve youth and youth leaders in an outreach program to
reach un-churched youth.
3. Plan and carry out youth activities (i.e. Youth week, youth revivals, off campus trips).
4. Involve youth in ministry and mission projects.
5. Be available for and prepared for counseling.
6. Support youth in their school setting.
(Ministry to Parents):
7. Be available to parents to discuss issues related to their child or youth
(Ministry to Youth Leadership):
8. Enlist a balance of men and women youth workers with nominating Committee.
9. Direct regular leadership meetings with youth leaders.
10. Mentor Counselors in Training at Camp Vinson Valley
11. Member of Church Council.
12. Draw up a yearly budget for youth ministry and submit to Finance Committee.
13. Will assist in and serve as a resource person to College Age ministries and to the children's ministry of the church.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
15. Will regularly attend Staff meetings.
Hours and salary: This position is approved for an average of twenty-five (25) hours per week.
Background check is required of all staff.
Preference will be given to a_noemailmitted Christian who is an active member of a church; membership at Byron United Methodist church is not required.