Shelter Cove Community Church
Category: Children's Ministry
Time Type: Full Time
WHO WE ARE
Shelter Cove Community Church is a healthy and growing church that is looking for a Children's Director to join the team. The church began in 2001 and has continually experienced God's blessing and faithfulness.
As a Bible believing and Bible teaching church, we major in love, grace and truth. We have a passion for our church to be healthy and authentic in our pursuit of following Jesus. We also have a huge heart for those that don't know Jesus, with an increasing desire to reach our community.
We have been experiencing many young families coming to our church. Children are a huge priority at our church, and we are praying for an organized and relational leader to take our children's ministry to the next level.
In the last year we have hired a new Executive Pastor and a full-time ministry leader over Outreach and Missions. We are praying for a Children's Director that will fit well with the culture of our staff and church, who can have an understanding and experience in large-scale children's ministry, effective in recruiting, training and mobilizing teams and have a clear vision for children's ministry that supports the ministry of the church as a whole.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
Reaching people. We want to make inviting friends to hear about Jesus a part of our DNA, as a church and as a people.
Making Disciples. We desire to see people meeting weekly in fellowship, connecting over God's word, and living out our faith.
Sending believers. We live to tell others about Jesus, locally as well as around the world. It is our calling and part of our culture.
SPECIFIC POSITION PLAN
This full time position will oversee the vision, values and mission of Shelter Cove's children's ministry (infant - 5th grade). This key leader will protect the Shelter Cove vision; champion the recruitment and development of all children's ministry staff and volunteers, and ensure a fantastic environment at all weekend services so optimal learning can take place. If you have previous employment, experience leading a children's ministry in a church or Christian education setting, enjoy building and inspiring effective volunteer teams, and champion the spiritual gifts of leadership, discernment, and teaching, please consider applying.
The candidate should be mature in the faith. He or she should possess the following experience, skills and qualities:
1. A proven effective track record in children's ministry, preferably in a large church setting.
2. A proven track record of effective evangelism, especially among children and their families.
3. Be able to articulate age-appropriate discipleship objectives for children.
4. Have a vision for assisting families in the spiritual training of their children.
5. Be able to attract and develop volunteers and leaders among both children and adults.
6. Be a visionary self-starter and possess the gifts and graces to extend the reach of our ministry to community children and their families
1. Regular attendance at Shelter Cove or at your current home church.
2. Serve on a volunteer team at Shelter Cove or your current home church.
3. Historic pattern of tithing at Shelter Cove or your current home church.
1. Please send your resume to email@example.com
2. Attach a one page testimony of your journey with Jesus.