Westminster Presbyterian Church
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: August 20, 2014
PURPOSE: To nurture spiritual growth through planning,_noemailanizing and administering a_noemailprehensive nursery, children's and youth ministry program.
ACCCOUNTABILITY/SUPERVISOR: The Director of Children's and Youth Ministries shall be accountable to the Session through the Pastor.
1. As Chair of the CYM Committee, follow the Position Description for Committee Chairs as listed in the Leadership Manual.
2. Attend staff and CYM Committee meetings as required.
3. Manage program resources and oversee stewardship of the CYM budget.
4. Communicate about CYM events and planning in a timely manner with children, youth, families, staff, congregation, and_noemailmunity using written, verbal, and visual announcements.
5. Maintain Child Abuse Prevention Policy (CAPP)_noemailpliance within CYM and its events.
6. Use available resources and attend training events to maintain perspective and proficiency.
7. Advocate for children, youth, and families within the life of the church.
8. On occasion, and in_noemailpliance with CAPP, provide transportation for children/youth in conjunction with CYM programs/events.
1. With assistance from the CYM and HR Committees, hire and supervise Sunday Nursery -Attendants; and conduct Employee Value Program (EVP) conversations in a timely manner.
2. Oversee nursery; maintain a safe and clean environment; stock appropriate supplies.
3. Arrange for Sunday substitute Nursery Attendants as required, serve as Sunday substitute Nursery Attendant if necessary.
1. Administer the Sunday School program; select, purchase, and distribute curriculum, prepare and maintain classrooms for use, with the support of the CYM Committee.
2. Coordinate Sunday activities; be a resource for teachers and parents; oversee Children's Chapel, Worshippers in Progress, and worship activity bags.
3. Recruit and train teachers and other volunteers with support from the CYM Committee.
4. Find substitute teachers when needed; act as a substitute if necessary.
5. Plan and implement special ministry events such as Vacation Bible School, Scholarship Auction, and annual seasonal celebrations.
1. Plan and lead weekly meetings for middle and high school youth groups; arrange for additional or substitute leadership as needed.
2. Through relational ministry, develop camaraderie and foster spiritual growth among youth group members; emphasize to youth their worth and value.
3. Develop and implement an outreach program to attract local youth to WPC.
4. Teach youth Sunday School classes as required.
5. Facilitate at least one annual youth retreat or trip.
6. Participate in the Anacortes Youth Network.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Christian role model; enthusiastic and energetic worker
Knowledge of the Bible, Christian theology and doctrine, and familiarity with PC(USA)
Ability to_noemailmunicate and work closely and effectively with others
Strong_noemailanizational and management skills; able to supervise and train
Experience working with children and families
Ability to recruit, coordinate, encourage, and maintain volunteers
Computer proficiency: Inte_noemail, E-mail, Microsoft Word and Publisher
Knowledge of and_noemailpliant with WPC's CAPP including but not limited to training and background check.
As responsibilities may involve serving as a substitute Nursery Attendant, must meet the Nursery Attendant Position Description Skills and Knowledge requirements.
Within one month of employment,_noemailpletion, at WPC's expense, of Red Cross [or equivalent] training in First Aid and Infant CPR. At an interval r_noemailmended by the Red Cross [or equivalent] maintains at WPC's expense certification in First Aid and Infant CPR.
Possess a valid driver's license; be at least 21 years old; have reliable transportation with current insurance.
WORK SCHEDULE: The work schedule is 40 hours per week with two days off. Relational ministry through volunteering in the_noemailmunity with children and youth will be part of work schedule. The schedule also reflects routine and occasional special evening and days off hours for special ministry events.
COMPENSATION CLASSIFICATION: The Director of Children's and Youth Ministries is classified as a Full Time, Non Exempt, Salaried position.
BENEFITS: As a full time salaried position the Director of Children's and Youth Ministries is eligible for paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays, voluntary savings plan, health flexible spending, and paid parental leave. See the HR Policy Manual for a definitive listing and description of the benefits applicable to this position.