Pacific Coast Church
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: August 28, 2014
Pacific Coast Church is celebrating close to 60 years of ministry. Its multi-generational_noemailmunity reflects a balance of young families, singles and "builders"...a true reflection of the San Clemente_noemailmunity they are reaching with the gospel message. Sunday services are a balance of contemporary worship and engaging teaching for the adults, along with the fully graded children's and student ministry.
PCC has an average attendance of 1,200 and given the busyness of young families schedules they likely minister to over 1,500 people who call PCC their home church. Approximately 1/3 of Sunday attendees are children and youth. Currently they see new visitors each Sunday and are poised for continued growth as they live out their vision for future ministry.
LOCATION / DEMOGRAPHIC
Although San Clemente itself dates back to the early 1900's, the master planned_noemailmunity of Talega is a newer_noemailmunity attracting young families and professionals. PCC's primary growth has been with young families. PCC is_noemailmitted to providing an excellent Children's Ministry and providing tools and training for young parents to raise their children to follow the Lord.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY STAFFING STRUCTURE
The Children's Ministry will have a full-time Director with two full-time assistants, multiple part-time assistants, and a number of dedicated volunteers who donate their time and energy to the PCC children's ministry.
PCC is fertile ground for a spiritually developed, highly gifted,_noemailpassionate leader who loves children. It is a place where creativity, vision casting, and development are we_noemailed. The new Children's Ministry Director must be a solid leader with excellent people skills and administrative_noemailanization. The director will be responsible for recruiting, training, and leading the CM ministry team in creating, developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing, vibrant ministry for children, birth through 5th grade.
FULL-TIME CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR AT PACIFIC COAST CHURCH
1. At least five years experience serving as a Children's Director at a church at least our size or a primary assistant at a larger church.
2. College degree in Child Development or Elementary Education.
3. Born-Again Christian who has a consistent, growing relationship with Christ.
4. Strong Leadership with a good balance of administration and people skills.
5. Flexible and Creative in nature.
1. Oversight and leadership of the children's ministry. This primarily includes Sunday morning, school-year Wednesday night Heroes, Inc. ministry & Moppets ministries, and a VBS or some other summer ministry.
2. Recruit, train, screen, and encourage children's ministry volunteers and paid CM team.
3. Create and effectively manage the ministry's budget.
4. Train and supervise children's ministry coordinators to set up for programs, manage the volunteer schedule and lead well.
5. Communicate consistently with parents and provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
6. Be an active member and participant on the staff team, giving support and ideas when needed. Be the advocate for families/children in the church.
Should always exhibit professionalism in demeanor and relationships.
Have a conscientious work ethic. Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with_noemailposure and flexibility.
Able to work well with all types of personalities
Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
Volunteer leadership development
Applications and background checks for volunteers
Recruit, train and encourage volunteers
Build relationships with volunteers and parents
Lead assistants and ministry coordinators
Provide parents with tools for success
Choose & order curriculum
Set up/ run Sunday morning check-in system
Plan and_noemailanize special events, family nights, holiday events, kids' musicals and outreach
Salary range based on education, experience, and expertise.
Health, dental, & disability insurance benefits
Long-term care policy which may be personally supplemented
401K option up to 6% matching funds after the first year of employment