Summit Community Church
Category: Executive Pastor
Posted on: September 01, 2014
Executive Pastor (Executive Director)
"Reaching the World for Jesus, One Life at a Time."
Summit's mission is "Reaching the world for Jesus, one life at a time." We are a young, growing church that is passionate about reaching the_noemailmunity beyond our walls. God has blessed us with some great momentum, and we want to make the most of the opportunities He is giving our church. Summit now worships 600 on Sunday morning in a high school venue and continues to grow an average of 20% per year.
We know that growing churches "choose to live in the future now." That is why we believe now is the time to bring on board our first Executive Pastor or Director. We are looking for a ministry leader who will play a key role to turn vision into action, anticipate opportunities, ove_noemaile obstacles and maximize ministry. This will be an exciting role for the right leader to impact many lives for Christ and take Summit's ministry to a whole new level.
Wholeheartedly_noemailmitted to a_noemailmunity church model, Summit is known as a place where anyone is we_noemaile to connect with Jesus and take next steps in his or her faith journey. Summit is affiliated with the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (www.lcms_noemail) but we are certainly open to the right candidate, whether he is from a Lutheran, non-denominational or other church background. What's most important is that this person is gifted for the role, supports the vision of Summit and_noemailplements our Lead Pastor.
Our Expectations of the Executive Pastor/Executive Director:
Summit needs to expand our leadership capacity—in addition to business/ administrative capacity. This person launches the formation of a staff leadership team, who will play a key role to help the lead pastor wrestle with ministry and key strategic decisions.
Our staff will benefit from someone who can help them grow and provide accountability.
The Executive Pastor/Director will turn ideas into action. This person can play a key strategic role in helping to assess resources and what it will take to actually put theory to practice.
In the_noemailing year, we will need to_noemailmit to our multi-site and facilities expansion approach. The Executive Pastor/Director will administer this process.
Key Points Concerning the Position
The position is open to both ordained and non-ordained candidates. In many churches, a business leader with a strong ministry mindset has made a great Executive Director. Our desire is that this person sees himself as, and is seen as, a ministry leader.
The Executive Pastor (or non-ordained Director) is supported and held accountable by the Lead Pastor at Summit. He serves as a part of the executive staff team and works ultimately in service to our church and_noemailmunity.
1. Displays a strong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is_noemailmitted to growing in faith and has a heart for ministry.
2. Supports Summit's mission, values and discipleship pathway.
3. Is a self-starter with an_noemailanizational mindset, decision-making ability and consistent follow-through.
4. Has exceptional leadership and management skills:
5. Possesses superb oral and written_noemailmunication skills.
1. Has experience working on staff in a creative environment.
2. Has a master's degree and is an ordained pastor in the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod or 4 year degree in a ministry or business related field with proven experience.
3. 10 years of leadership experience as a senior leader in business or ministry.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Support the Lead Pastor in the a_noemailplishment of the church's mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision-making, planning and overall direction of the church staff.
2. Lead the staff (and key leaders) to direct effective ministries that reach people for Christ & build disciples.
3. Facilitate the annual strategic planning process to evaluate ministries.
4. Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures that provide the Lead Pastor, leadership board(s) and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of our ministry work.
5. Develop annual financial plans that fund the a_noemailplishment of the strategic plan and position the church for healthy, sustainable growth.
6. Champion the development of ministry fractals and other infrastructure for future growth.
7. Lead Summit through the expansion of ministry, including building and possible multi-site development.
8. Preach occasionally to establish this role as a key spiritual leadership voice.
Executive Pastor key responsibilities and reports
Strategic Implementation & Operations
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Youth & Outreach Director
Children's Ministry Di