Category: Senior Pastor
Posted on: September 28, 2014
The Senior Pastor serves as the spiritual leader of the church and shall provide vision, leadership and strategic direction for all of the ministries and_noemailmunities within the congregation including King's Way Christian School.
Principal Accountabilities / Essential Functions
1. Provide leadership, and spiritual direction for all worship services and related activities of Vancouver Church. The Senior Pastor shall work with other staff pastors, administrative personnel and volunteer leaders to design and conduct worship services, educational programs and outreach activities that are relevant to the congregational_noemailmunities being served. The Senior Pastor is expected to be the Teaching Pastor during worship services and shall deliver the Word of God as presented in the New Testament and according to the interpretations of the North American Church of God in Anderson, Indiana in a way that is engaging, challenging and edifying to the church. The Senior Pastor is also responsible for the cultivation and discipleship of staff and congregation members to create transformational growth and_noemailanizational synergy.
2. Provide leadership, personal advice, spiritual direction and supervision for the Pastoral staff. The Senior Pastor shall work in partnership with the Executive Pastor to provide supervision for Pastoral and non-pastoral staff and administration. Supervision shall include staff evaluation, coaching, mentoring, planning and performance evaluation to assist staff in developing their personal gifts and talents to effectively meet the spiritual, educational, cultural and needs of the church.
3. Provide leadership in developing the short term and long term vision for Vancouver Church and King's Way Christian School in the greater Vancouver, Clark County_noemailmunity. The Senior Pastor shall work with the Executive Pastor, Pastoral Staff, volunteer leaders, and the KWCS leadership to develop and implement a sustainable plan for the church and KWCS that maximizes the use of all available resources to a_noemailplish the mission of the church within Clark County. The Senior Pastor shall work with the Executive Pastor to develop an operating budget that supports the ministries of the church and KWCS in a manner that is consistent with the by-laws and sound fiscal policy and fulfills the vision and mission of the church.
4. Represent the Vancouver Church within the local_noemailmunity, the North American Church of God, in Anderson Indiana, the Church of God International and the Church at large. The Senior Pastor shall serve as an ambassador of the Vancouver Church in dealings within the local_noemailmunity, and with the Church of God both domestically and internationally to share and promote the vision of the church and to fulfill the overall mission of the church to convert the lost.
5. Develop, implement and oversee a plan for congregational care that includes visitation, counseling, prayer, grief and addiction ministries. The senior pastor shall provide leadership in the development and oversight of programs within the church to deliver care to congregational members that are in need. He shall work with pastoral staff to develop effective teams sufficient in numbers and training to care for the various individual and family based needs of a growing congregation. Care ministries shall include but are not limited to visitation, counseling, prayer, grief and addiction.
Essential Functions Requirements
Demonstrated skills:Leadership, public speaking, managing, planning, mentoring, coaching,_noemailmunicating on a personal level.
Ability to: Communicate with imagination, passion and discernment to motivate and inspire people in worship, study, participation and discipleship. Lead and cast vision for a large, growing, evangelical_noemailmunity with a long term focus on education. Provide managerial and supervisory leadership for staff and administration. Effectively manage personal time to maintain a strong balance between family, church and a personal walk with God. Must possess the ability to convey a sincere love and_noemailpassion for the_noemailmunity of believers and must have a heart for the lost. The Senior Pastor must possess the ability to cultivate relationships with staff, leaders and congregational members.
Advanced knowledge of:Scripture, including Old and New Testament, the holy ordinances, various methods of_noemailmunication and learning, strategic planning and goal setting, vision casting, mentoring techniques, performance evaluation and motivation, church administration and governance.
Education: Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in religion or Christian ministries or related field. Masters or doctoral degree preferred
Experience: 10 years minimum as a full time pastor, serving in increasingly responsible pastoral positions.
Ordained and certified by the Church of God or willing to b_noemaile ordained an