WORSHIP DIRECTOR- PART TIME
We, the First Baptist Church of Peru, are currently searching for a person to serve God and our congregation by using his/her calling and gifts as our Worship Director. Over the years, God has blessed us with several individuals who have not only helped us to worship well, but to also grow in our expression of worship. Therefore, we are entering this search with anticipation as we trust God in this process.
OUR UNDERSTANDING OF WORSHIP
We believe worship is one of the primary endeavors of God's people. Certainly, a believer's life can be seen as one grand flow of worship unto God. However, the Church's corporate worship is unique. Corporate worship focuses, informs, refines and energizes our congregation's life together and our individual lives lived for God's glory. In a world that is distracted, broken and defiant, corporate worship is also a witness to the reality of the Triune God. Worship intentionally and humbly places us in our rightful station before the Triune God- the Creator, the Redeemer, the Sustainer and the Ultimate Victor. As a result, we view corporate worship as essential.
Our congregation's expression of worship has evolved over the last 15 years. These changes have been driven by our convictions about the nature of the Body of Christ, a clearer understanding of authentic worship and an appreciation for the richness in the Church's expression of worship. Currently, we express our worship in a more contemporary fashion while incorporating a variety of elements from different traditions, times and places.
The Worship Director's most obvious responsibility is to lead the musical elements in the congregation's weekly worship service. Preparing for this role would include collaborating with staff in worship preparation, developing worship services where the elements are thematic and flow, practicing and prepping the worship band, prepping materials the worship band might need each week, inviting and encouraging others with appropriate gifts to serve in some capacity during worship. We anticipate this position would entail approximately 15-20 hours per week, depending on experience, driving time, etc.
CALLING, GIFTS AND ATTRIBUTES
Because of our understanding of worship, we believe our Worship Director should have a growing faith and a servant's heart. A sense of calling and a passion to lead in worship is also something we value. Vocal skills will be necessary, and playing an instrument would be helpful. With an experienced worship band, it would be beneficial for candidates to have experience leading, preparing and developing a worship band. Valuing a variety of worship expressions, be they traditional, contemporary, etc., is also important to us.
Please direct any questions about the position of Worship Director at First Baptist Church of Peru, to:
First Baptist Church
53 E. Main St.
Peru, IN 46970
ATTN: Worship Director Position
1-765-473-7503 (8:30-12 and 1:00-5:00 EST, M-F)
WORSHIP DIRECTOR- PART TIME, cont.
In addition to the previous narrative, the following categorical breakdown describes key_noemailponents of the Worship Director position at FBC-Peru.
* a personal and growing faith in Jesus Christ
* a calling to serve the Church through worship ministry
* a servant’s heart
* a_noemailmitment to the Scriptures as a sure authority to all we believe
IMPORTANT GIFTS AND SKILLS
* experience in leading worship
* experience leading a worship band
* established vocal skills
* some understanding of music theory
* skill on an instrument, acoustic guitar especially
* the ability to plan a worship service with thematic flow
* a desire to disciple the worship band
* a desire to work collaboratively with the staff and Worship Team
* foster an atmosphere where reverent, warm and intimate worship is
* prepare the order of worship and select music weekly
* prepare the worship band weekly, including coordinating details with
members and leading rehearsal
* coordinate the details for each week’s service with the pastor,
attending staff meetings if possible
* preparation of materials necessary for the worship band
* coordination with the tech team each week in developing material
necessary for worship
* tracking and recording necessary for CCLI licensing and copy right
TIME AND RENUMERATION
The salary for Worship Director will be approximately $15,000 for approximately 15-20 hours per week.