Hope Lutheran Church
Farmington Hills, MI
Posted on: January 14, 2015
Hope Lutheran Church is a congregation that recognizes that our culture has changed and is changing, often in ways we do not clearly see or understand. In this fast paced, digital, screen driven culture, we see that the role of the church simply isn't the same as it was in years past. In some ways that is good...in others it isn't.
In any case, we are a congregation that accepts that the world is changing, even if the gospel isn't. We want to do our best at sharing and living the gospel of grace in a way that this culture will understand. We don't have all of the answers...but we certainly are a congregation that is faithfully trying to pass on the faith to others and the next generation by seeking, making and being disciples in this world.
The purpose of the Communications Assistant position is to serve as the main liaison and resource to_noemailmunicate Hope's mission to the world. This position will work under the direction of the Parish Administrator to create and to maintain the online content that Hope produces.
1. Work with parish administrator leading the execution of new and existing_noemailmunication strategies.
2. Serve as primary administrator for Hope's web hosting services
3. Monitor Hope's presence on the Inte_noemail, keeping Hope's reputation intact:
4. Facilitate staff and member's access to Hope's_noemailmunication
5. Maintain and enforce proper guidelines for representing Hope to the world
Evaluate new resources, tools, and social media techniques
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of an associate's degree in Communications required.
2. 4 or more years' experience moderating an online forum, emphasizing an ability to provide clear and assertive responses to users required.
3. Experience in Social Media marketing efforts.
4. 2 or more years' experience generating content for online consumption (professional reviewer, professional writer, professional blogger, etc...) required.
5. Working knowledge of the use of content publishing resources.
6. Working knowledge of modern social media techniques for Content Distribution (YouTube/Vimeo, podcasts, twitter, etc...).
It is anticipated that most work will be performed remotely.
PERSONAL COMPUTING EQUIPMENT:
The Director of Communications will provide his or her own_noemailputing equipment.
Submit resume and cover letter, or questions, to_noemailmunicationshopefh@gmail_noemail