1. Model and encourage personal relationships with Jesus Christ.
2. Be an active part of WPC's worshipping and faith community.
3. Prayerfully coordinate and implement a comprehensive Family Ministry program, (nursery/children/youth/parents) that will attract children/youth and their families.
4. Welcome new families to WPC; help integrate them into the life of the congregation.
5. Develop relationships with children/youth and families who attend WPC.
6. Recruit, resource, and encourage members of the Family Ministries (FM) Committee to share in planning, organizing, and executing the FM program.
7. Chair and attend monthly Family Ministries Committee meetings.
8. Work in coordination with the rest of the church staff; attend weekly staff meetings.
9. As a Christian steward, help develop and oversee the FM Committee's budget.
10. Communicate with families/congregation frequently via newsletter/other media.
11. Maintain compliance with Child Abuse Prevention Policy (CAPP) within FM.
12. Advocate for children, youth, and families within the life of the church.
13. Continue education by attending training events to stay current/maintain proficiency.
14. On occasion, provide transportation for children/youth to/from FM events/programs.
1. Prayerfully plan and oversee ministries for/with families with children/youth at WPC.
2. Resource/seek to meet the spiritual needs and growth of families with children.
3. Equip parents to actively participate in the education and discipleship of their children.
1. Prayerfully plan and oversee the children's ministries at WPC.
2. Administer weekly Sunday School program; select, purchase, and distribute curriculum, with teachers, prepare and maintain classrooms for use.
3. Become acquainted with all children and families attending WPC.
4. Coordinate Sunday activities; resource teachers and parents; recruit and oversee Children's Chapel, Godly Play, Worshippers in Progress, and worship activity bags.
5. Recruit and train teachers and other volunteers.
6. Find substitute teachers when needed; act as a substitute if necessary.
7. Plan and implement special ministry events such as Vacation Bible School, Scholarship Auction, and annual seasonal celebrations.
1. Prayerfully plan and oversee youth ministries at WPC.
2. Serve as primary leader of weekly middle and high school youth groups that include a balance of Christian fellowship and study, service and mission, and games and recreational activities.
3. Recruit, equip, motivate, support, and supervise a team of adults to model Christian life and minister to and with youth in various capacities.
4. Through relational ministry, develop rapport with youth in community through visitation, visibility, and contact at school and community events.
5. Develop camaraderie and foster spiritual growth among youth, emphasizing their worth and value; provide pastoral care to youth as appropriate.
6. Develop and implement an outreach program to attract local youth to WPC.
7. Recruit, train, and encourage youth Sunday School teachers; provide substitutes as required.
8. Recruit, train, and encourage youth to participate in the larger ministry of the church (VBS, Sunday School teaching, mission).
9. Facilitate at least one annual youth retreat or trip.
10. Participate in the Anacortes Youth Network.
1. Oversee nursery; maintain safe/clean environment; stock appropriate supplies.
2. With other input, hire, train, and supervise Nursery Attendants.
3. Arrange or serve as substitute in nursery as necessary.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Experience and training working with families, youth, and children
2. Strong personal faith in Jesus Christ evidenced in mature personal faith and lifestyle
3. Knowledge of the Bible, Christian theology and doctrine, and familiarity with PC(USA)
4. Ability to communicate and work closely and effectively with others
5. Enthusiastic/energetic; strong organizational and management skills; able to supervise and train
6. Experience working with children, youth, and families
7. Ability to recruit, coordinate, encourage, and maintain volunteers
8. Computer proficiency: Internet, E-mail, Microsoft Word and Publisher
9. Ability to use social media for communication and promotion.
10. Willingness to support WPC's Child Abuse Prevention Policy including, but not limited to, training and background check.
11. Possess a valid driver's license; be at least 21 years old; have reliable transportation with current insurance
ACCCOUNTABILITY/SUPERVISOR: The Director of Family Ministries shall be accountable to the Session through the Pastor.