INTERNATIONAL CHURCH OF BANGKOK, THAILAND – is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor. The International Church of Bangkok (ICB) is truly international with 200+ active members from over 30 different nations and many different denominations from all walks of life. ICB is an 82-year-old English-speaking congregation located in the heart of Bangkok, the capital and largest city in Thailand, and one of the most vibrant cities in the world.
- Ordained Pastor with Master of Divinity degree from an accredited Protestant seminary or school of theology.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry and church leadership.
International experience or domestic experience in multicultural, diverse
setting would be an advantage.
Interested candidates, please submit resume and cover letter to Pastor Search Committee at recruitment@icbangkok_noemail . Resumes must be received electronically by February 28, 2015. For more information about ICB, view http://www.icbangkok_noemail/churchprofile
Job Title: Senior Pastor
General Summary: The Pastor shall preach the Word, administer the sacraments and conduct public worship consistent with Protestant traditions. He/She shall care for Christ's people individually and as a congregation, give instruction, receive into membership, conduct weddings according to the teachings of the Church and the Laws of Thailand, visit the sick, distressed and bereaved, and conduct funeral services. He/She shall strive to extend the kingdom of God in the_noemailmunity and shall impart knowledge of the Church and its wider ministry. He/She acts as a preacher/teacher, guarder and articulator of vision and mission of ICB and ensure proper church administration and pastoral care.
"The Pastor is not responsible for doing all the work, but for seeing that it is done and done properly."
I Corinthians 14:40
Main Duties and Tasks:
Faith life of ICB
- Create an inviting, we_noemailing_noemailmunity of faith.
- Lead and/or encourage gatherings outside of the Sunday worship setting (Bible study, meetings, fellowship events).
- Design and implement plan to educate and involve new members in ministry.
- Support the work of ICB ministry partners.
- Work with Church Council and other key leaders to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
Preaching and teaching ministry of ICB
- Prepare and deliver a weekly sermon at both the morning and evening services.
- Prepare preaching plans to facilitate worship planning.
- Work with ICB staff, worship service leader and church choir members in the planning of worship services.
- Oversee Sunday school.
ICB's visibility in the_noemailmunity
- Work with congregational members to we_noemaile in prospective members.
- Look for ways to get positive publicity for ICB.
- Develop consistent plan for prospect follow-up.
- Ensure that ICB website is engaging, up-to-date and helpful to visitors.
- Monitor ICB official Facebook page.
- Oversee all publications – e-newsletter, worship handouts, letters.
Pastoral Care for ICB
- Arrange hospital, bereavement and funeral visitation.
- Be available to facilitate assistance for those in need of counseling.
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
Administration of ICB
- Install the members of the Church Council.
- Oversee financial management of ICB.
- Supervise ICB staff and arrange weekly/monthly meetings.
- Keep the membership rolls of the congregation, reporting quarterly thereon to the Church Council.
- Other duties as discussed with Church Council.