Worship Leader – Job Description
Cornerstone Baptist Church
About Cornerstone Baptist Church:
Cornerstone Baptist Church is a growing Converge (Baptist General Conference) church located in beautiful Ludington, Michigan. We are seeking an experienced team player to be our full-time worship leader who will take us to the next level in worship. We average 500-600 in worship and our style is multi-generational. Ludington is a beautiful place to live, located on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. For an insight check out this video titled Destination Ludington(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOqmxmibCw).
The Worship Leader will be anointed and gifted by God to lead Cornerstone Baptist Church to a new level in spirit and truth led worship (John 4). The Worship Leader will be used of God to encourage the entire family of faith at CBC in a lifestyle of worship. The Worship Leader will facilitate worship services that are best described as encounters with God.
The Worship Leader will work in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Community Life Pastor (Executive Team). With input from the Executive Team, the Worship Leader will:
1. Create an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, where people can encounter God.
2. Oversee the technical aspects of worship. (sound, lights, media, staging).
3. Assemble and develop worship teams that continue to lift the bar for truly excellent worship.
4. Attract an increasing pool of gifted musicians who desire to be involved in worship at CBC.
5. Actively be involved in mentoring and shaping the next generation in worship.
6. Participate in regular staff meetings.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. An unbridled passion to lead God's people in worship.
3. Commitment to moral purity.
4. Commitment to the mission and vision of Cornerstone.
5. A track-record of excellence as a worship leader.
6. Proficiency on either guitar or piano.
7. A degree in music, worship, or a related field is preferred, as well as five or more years of experience as a worship leader in a church of 500 or more.
8. Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills.
9. An engaging and gracious personality.
The Central Task:
Creatively lead the Cornerstone family in worship utilizing current contemporary Christian music and some hymns done in a traditional, as well as a contemporary style, with the goal of touching the heart of God in worship.
To be considered for an interview, please provide three or more audio/video links including but not limited to; Youtube, Vimeo, Sound Cloud, etc.
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."