Sports & Student Pastor
Objective: To significantly increase the outreach and growth of Hope Church through a strategic Sports and Student Ministry that helps participants own a deeper maturity in Christ.
Position Summary: This full-time staff member will divide their time and energies equally between two existing and catalytic ministries of Hope Church – Hope Student Ministries (HSM) and Hope Sports Ministries. The position is being added because Hope sees greater potential in each ministry and believes a staff member dedicated to this role will help us achieve our ministry objective.
In relation to Sports Ministry:
1) a renewed vision for Hope's Sports Ministry that will incorporate both traditional and non-traditional sporting events into a strategic arm of Hope's overall outreach ministry providing defined pathways for connecting to Hope and spiritual growth,
2) a volunteer team to assist with the development and execution of the renewed vision,
3) a_noemailprehensive strategy and goals to a_noemailplish the vision,
4) a means of evaluating the merit and effectiveness of the overall sports ministry as well as individual events/opportunities, making changes to enhance impact as needed.
1) a culture of health and wellness at Hope Church,
2) a spirit of creative outreach utilizing sports as a connecting point,
3) those who participate in the sports ministry to explore, develop and/or share a faith in Jesus Christ.
1) being a supportive member of a strong pastoral staff team,
2) connecting with those who are often times overlooked,
3) operating your ministry within the policies and standards of Hope Church including but not limited to conduct, financial and doctrine,
4) fully utilizing Hope's resources, financial and physical, to creatively reach people for Christ.
In relation to Student Ministry:
1) Lead, develop, and execute through volunteer staff, HSM's ONE ministry (outreach) on a monthly to bi-monthly basis.
2) Develop and execute either a Jr. High or High School message series in HSM's TWO ministry (Alternating between Jr. High and High School with the Senior Youth Pastor)
3) Recruit, Lead, and train the Jr. High volunteer staff.
4) Connect with every youth in the church and work to connect those not active.
5) Assist the Senior Youth Pastor by helping plan, promo, execute, and possibly lead summer trips and events.
6) Assist the Senior Youth Pastor by helping plan, promo, and execute our TWO ministry (weekly service and small groups).
7) Assist the Senior Youth Pastor by helping promo our THREE ministry, (discipleship) and teach once a semester.
8) Assist the Senior Youth Pastor by helping with personal follow up to all first-time visitors within a week of their visit.
9) Assist the Senior Youth Pastor by helping develop and adhere to the youth ministry budget.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will:
1. Spiritual qualities - possess a living testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus, maintain personal integrity, maintain regular spiritual practices, and affirm the Hope Church statement of faith.
2. Personal skills-
.understand and demonstrate a "team player" philosophy of ministry,
.possess high emotional intelligence ("EQ") able to relate to people at different ages and from diverse backgrounds,
.be authentic, passionate, approachable and people-oriented,
.understands and demonstrates the importance of a healthy family culture,
.is flexible and likes to have fun.
3. Experience - have served five years in ministry leadership, or something deemed equivalent.
4. Education - have earned a Bachelor's degree (preferred) in a sport, Bible or_noemailparable field of study.
5. Professional skills - possess skills for leadership, teaching, volunteer coordination,_noemailanization and familiarity with_noemailputer-based information systems.
6. Physical requirements - able to exercise a fluid range of motion, lift at least 50 pounds and do repetitive physical tasks.
Reportability: Reports to the Pastor of Development and Senior Student Pastor.