Doylestown Presbyterian Church
Doylestown , PA
Posted on: April 13, 2015
In what we trust to be the Holy Spirit's leading, the session of Doylestown Presbyterian Church has been led to launch a new worship experience. We are a 1,700-member congregation that takes Scripture seriously and seeks in this new venture to be Reformed and always being reformed. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to effectively lead worship in a contemporary setting, including actively engaging worshipers in participation and transitioning between elements of the service.
1. Experience leading a musical ensemble or worship in a contemporary setting
2. Proficiency in piano and/or guitar and voice
3. Comfortable with worship in the Reformed tradition
4. Ability to improvise musically
5. Working knowledge of sound systems and multimedia
6. Organizational skills, professional demeanor, and flexibility
7. Bachelor's degree; emphasis on music/worship/theology preferred
1. Participate with the music and pastoral staff in planning and launching of Celebrate, our new
contemporary worship service to begin in October 2015
2. Select, coordinate, and lead music for Celebrate on Sunday morning at 11:05 am and additional services on Christmas Eve and Easter.
3. Recruit, train, schedule and develop music volunteers for service
4. Establish and lead weekly rehearsals with worship band and vocalists
5. Actively engaging the congregation and transitioning between elements of the service
6. Other duties as determined by the Director of Music and the Arts.
Hours/Start Date: 10-15 hour/week. Starting September 1, 2015
Materials required Send resume, three references and contact information to David Fitzpatrick, Director of Music and the Arts at cmcsearch@dtownpc_noemail
For more information and view full job description, http://www.dtownpc_noemail/index.php/news/24-dpc-news/1370-current-employment-opportunities