OAK POINTE CHURCH POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Worship Leader for Oakpointe Church, Novi Campus
START DATE: 2015
* Lead corporate worship for weekend services (2-3 weekends/month) at Oak Pointe-Novi and other venues at the request of the worship arts director (WAD). Singer/guitarist preferred.
* Serve as an active creative member of the programming team as it conceives, develops, plans and executes weekend services and other events. This will include selecting songs, researching new music, arranging music, and writing charts, as well as brainstorming stage design, graphics, and other creative elements.
* Facilitate the vision of the arts ministry in its varied musical processes and endeavors. This includes recruiting and training music team volunteers and participating in recording projects that relate specifically to Oak Pointe Church.
* Develop both personally and professionally (character growth, spiritual growth, and leadership, musical and technical skills).
* Assist the worship arts director in_noemailanizing outreach events.
The WL reports directly to the Worship Arts Director. The WL also works closely with the Programming Team and the Technical Director toward the fulfillment of the vision of the worship arts department.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ: Loving God and loving others, exhibiting a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without. The WL must be a strong team player.
1. Education: Bachelors degree
2. Experience: Extensive experience leading worship
3. Characteristics: A servant's spirit and Christian character in the areas of integrity, dependability and perseverance; innovative and detail-oriented self-starter
4. Skills: Strong ability to lead teams, oversee initiatives, and matrix-manage; strong verbal and written_noemailmunication skills; ability to multi-task
5. Requirements: Membership or in process of membership at OPC; affirmation of the vision and direction of OPC.
Please submit an example of yourself leading worship. Video (preferred) or audio.