Calvary Christian Center
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: June 09, 2015
JOB STATEMENT: The Youth Pastor is responsible for providing ministerial leadership to develop a_noemailprehensive children and youth ministry that is consistent with the mission of the church.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and implement programs that attract children and youth to Christ and promote spiritual growth.
2. Direct in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies and space utilization by youth groups.
3. Plan and coordinate special events (retreats, camps, mission projects and trips, etc.) that touch all children and youth at various levels of spiritual maturity, within the goals and objectives of evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship and ministry.
4. Lead the Children's and Youth Department in preparing an annual budget that is reflective of the goals and objectives of the ministry.
5. Develop healthy relationships with parents and guardians of all children and youth, providing resources for them to assist in their growth as Christian parents and to counsel with them when needed.
6. Keep abreast of children and youth trends and resources needed in order to serve as an advisor to the church on adolescence.
7. Review and evaluate all materials used in the area of children and youth ministry.
8. Be a visible support to the students and parents whenever possible.
9. Develop and administer programs to recruit and equip adults to work within the children and youth programs. Serve as an ongoing resource to adult leaders for materials, ideas and coordination.
10. Develop and administer a program of active outreach to the children and youth of the_noemailmunity.
11. Develop and administer a program for follow-up with youth visitors and their parents.
12. Serve as worship leader for_noemailmunion and baptism
13. Coordinate VBS, WOW Kids & Youth
14. Assist with hospital visitation and funerals
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: Shall be a biblically based & spirit filled Christian, ascribing to the vision of Calvary Christian Center. Shall have the necessary background to lead in the area of youth ministry. Shall have experience working with youth in lay or ministerial role. Calvary Christian Center covenantorship required.