LIVING FAITH FELLOWSHIP
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN'S Ministry JOB DESCRIPTION
I. The Director of Children's Ministry Director shall work in the following areas of responsibility:
A. Serve under the direction of the Pastors and Eldership of Living Faith Fellowship.
B. Responsible for coordinating the Children's Ministry, including:
2. Children's Sunday school
3. Children's Church
4. Mid-week Program (such as AWANA Clubs)
5. Special Activities (V.B.S., etc.)
6. Overall appearance of the children's facilities.
7. Serve as a member of the church's worship team and lead worship periodically.
C. Supervise the Children's Ministry volunteers (Nursery, Sunday school, Children's Church, Mid-Week programming) by providing:
2. Planning and helping in recruitment of Children's Ministry staff
3. Room arrangement and other teaching staff needs
4. Approval for needed supplies
D. Show personal concern for the Children's Ministry volunteers by:
1. Praying for and with them
2. Meeting with them regularly
3. Training them and providing opportunity for them to teach
4. Motivating them, boosting morale
E. Personal Commitments
1. Must be a born again believer in Jesus Christ, and exhibit a consistent
testimony. (John 3:3, Colossians 3:5,17)
2. Complete Application Form and be accepted by Pastor and/or Pastoral staff.
3. Must attend worship service regularly, and submit to church policies and
4. Spend time in the Word of God daily. (I Thessalonians 5:17)
5. Have a neat personal appearance.
6. Meet with Pastoral staff weekly and as other meetings are called
7. Attend training conferences as permitted by the Eldership
8. Turn in a status report monthly to the Eldership
9. Meet with Children's Ministry staff for prayer and troubleshooting situations
A. Will put in a minimum of 20 hours a week (if part time)
B. Will spend at least one full day in the office each week as agreed to with the rest of the staff (excluding AWANA and Sunday)
C. Will consistently introduce church families, visitors, etc. to Children's Ministry activities Sunday AM before services and at all other opportunities throughout the week
D. Will plan and promote at least one activity per month (other than AWANA) for children in that age group
E. Set goals for the growth of Children's Ministry and steps to meeting those goals
III. Salary and other benefits:
A. Initial salary shall be agreed upon by the Children's Ministry Director and the Eldership
B. Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Personal Leave time shall be_noemailpensated in accordance with the established policy for staff/employees
A. A minimum of an annual evaluation will take place to review objectives and goals
B. Semi-annual or quarterly evaluations may take place at the discretion of the Eldership
V. The Children's Ministry Director must be in full agreement with Living Faith Fellowship's statement of Faith, By-laws, and vision.
Please read our belief statement on our website by clicking this link