Category: Senior Pastor
Posted on: July 29, 2015
Position Purpose: The Senior Pastor will be called by God and set apart for the gospel ministry. The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Redemption Fellowship Church. The Senior Pastor will serve the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose in the body of Christ. The Senior Pastor will preach, teach, administer the sacraments and give primary leadership in the ministries of missions, evangelism, administration, stewardship, and outreach.
Supervision: The Senior Pastor serves as the moderator of the Redemption Fellowship Session, and may have supervisory responsibilities for contractors and church staff.
General Pastoral Responsibilities:
1. The Senior Pastor will equip, educate, and edify the church as expressed in Ephesians 4:11-13; To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer the sacraments.
2. Provide pastoral care in conjunction with, other ministerial staff, and member care-givers through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
3. Provide_noemailmunion to the shut-in, in conjunction with, the Elders and Deacons.
4. Be prompt in responding to crisis situations which may arise within the congregation and make appropriate referrals to remedy them.
5. Supervise all disciple making ministries (children, youth, adults and seniors).
6. Oversee and lead pastoral care efforts such as performing weddings and conducting funeral services.
7. Be an active participant in the denomination (i.e. PCA General Assembly, Metro Atlanta Presbytery, African American Ministries Network etc.)
8. Be an active leader/participant in_noemailmunity_noemailanizations in the neighboring cities and counties.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
The successful candidate must be a born again baptized believer in Jesus Christ, been licensed and ordained to preach in accordance with PCA Doctrine and Principles.
Must have a demonstrated lifestyle as given in 1Timothy 3:1-7.
Must successfully pass examination/interview by the Metro Atlanta Presbytery, if not currently a member of the PCA or outside of the Metro Atlanta Presbytery.
Minimum of 5 years' pastoral experience with a_noemailparable sized congregation or have had significant training and responsibility as an Assistant Pastor or Associate Pastor.
Must be able to teach and preach effectively to all ages.
Must be strong in recruiting, developing and retaining active volunteers.
Strong administrative and_noemailanizational skills such as long range planning, goal setting, follow up etc.
Should have experience and strength in budgeting, finance and strategic planning for a church
Should be_noemailfortable and proficient with_noemailputer technology and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Masters degree in areas of theological study from an accredited theological seminary, college or university.
Must have a documented history of continuous learning efforts in ministry, preaching and pastoral education above the Masters degree.