Osterville Baptist Church
Category: Senior Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
The Senior Pastor will provide the overall leadership for the spiritual health and ministry of the church, including vision, values, strategy and ministry priorities along with the Council of Elders.
He will be the primary preacher for the church and will devote much of his time to the study of the Scriptures and prayer for the education and edification of the church. He will lead the staff and have authority over the programs of the church.
Ministry Goals and Objectives
· Serve as the lead preacher who gives expository messages on a weekly basis.
· Craft and enact the corporate vision and strategy along with the Elders
· Provides strategic leadership to the Elders, Staff and others serving in the ministry
· Serve as the lead trainer with oversight in the evangelism and discipleship ministries
· Oversee and participate in the care of the church through visitation and crisis intervention
· Partner in the ministry of prayer
· Provide the overall direction for the worship services.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
· Born-again, baptized believer who loves the Lord
· Fulfill the scriptural qualifications of a leader, especially those of I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
· Demonstrate a clear call to church ministry
· Possess a proficiency in biblical theology and the ability to convey biblical truth to all age groups
· Spirit-filled, energetic, enthusiastic, and dynamic
· Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to listen
· Possess the ability to disciple, teach and shepherd members of the church community in conjunction with other members of the pastoral team
· Agree with the statement of faith of Osterville Baptist Church
· Agree with the vision and philosophy of the church and be able to lead others to vision fulfillment
· Maintain a healthy balance of personal growth in the Lord, family life, and ministry life
Key Gifts and Primary Ministry Responsibilities
Must be Spirit-led and able to handle and communicate the Scriptures in a robust and compelling fashion.
Must be able work within a group, mentor, encourage, motivate and show true compassion for people at many different stations of life. Must possess abilities in conflict resolution and team building. Must be able to "share the spotlight." Must be able to lead a staff team as well as key volunteers in a unified vision and direction
Must possess strong administrative and communication skills and the ability to plan, set goals, promote events, and organize leadership development.
The Senior Pastor will oversee the discipleship ministries and personally be able to disciple multiple believers. He will be expected lead and preach the Sunday morning service at least 40 times a year. He will regularly lead in the administration of the Lord's Supper and Believer's Baptism, along with the Elders. He will be involved in and oversee functions of pastoral counseling, crisis intervention and weddings and funerals in the church.
Qualifications and Experience
· Masters or MDiv degree required
· 5 years of Full-time pastoral experience is preferred
Interested applicants for the should email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) A Resume; 2) a video or Mp3 of you giving a biblical sermon; 3) an individual or family photograph
About our church
A popular vacation destination renowned for its beautiful seashores, idyllic scenery, abounding recreational opportunities and outstanding seafood, Cape Cod, Massachusetts is home to native "Cape Codders" and "wash-a-shores," alike. It is estimated only 1.5% of residents know Christ as their Lord. However, the Cape is also home to many evangelical communities who are truly committed to fulfilling the Great Commission. Osterville Baptist Church is a growing, multi-generational church in the Village of Osterville, with weekly attendance of 350 to 400. Founded in 1835, the church smoothly transitioned two years ago to an elder-led model.
Our Mission Statement and Ministry Purpose
Our mission statement is summarized by three words: Know, Grow, and Go. The mission of OBC is to advance the Kingdom of God by helping people KNOW Christ, by helping people to GROW in Christ, and by helping people GO out to serve Christ — all to the glory of God.