We, the First Baptist Church of Peru, are currently searching for a person to serve God and our congregation by using his/her calling and gifts as our Worship Director. Over the years , God has blessed us with several individuals who have not only helped us to worship well, but to also grow in our expression of worship. Therefore, we are entering this search with anticipation as we trust God in this process.
OUR UNDERSTANDING OF WORSHIP
We believe worship is one of the primary endeavors of Godís people. Certainly, a believerís life can be seen as one grand flow of worship unto God. However, the Churchís corporate worship is unique. Corporate worship focuses, informs, refines and energizes our congregationís life together and our individual lives lived for Godís glory. In a world that is distracted, broken and defiant, corporate worship is also a witness to the reality of the Triune God. Worship intentionally and humbly places us in our rightful station before the Triune God- the Creator, the Redeemer, the Sustainer and the Ultimate Victor. As a result, we view corporate worship as essential.
Our congregationís expression of worship has evolved over the last 15 years. These changes have been driven by our convictions about the nature of the Body of Christ, a clearer understanding of authentic worship and an appreciation for the richness in the Churchís expression of worship. Currently, we express our worship in a more contemporary fashion while incorporating a variety of elements from different traditions, times and places.
The Worship Directorís most obvious responsibility is to lead the musical elements in the congregationís weekly worship service. Preparing for this role would include collaborating with staff in worship preparation, developing worship services where the elements are thematic and flow, practicing and prepping the worship band, prepping materials the worship band might need each week, inviting and encouraging others with appropriate gifts to serve in some capacity during worship. We anticipate this position would entail approximately 10-15 hours per week, depending on experience, driving time, etc.
CALLING, GIFTS AND ATTRIBUTES
Because of our understanding of worship, we believe our Worship Director should have a growing faith and a servantís heart. A sense of calling and a passion to lead in worship is also something we value. Vocal skills will be necessary, and playing an instrument would be helpful. With an experienced worship band, it would be beneficial for candidates to have experience leading, preparing and developing a worship band. Valuing a variety of worship expressions, be they traditional, contemporary, etc., is also important to us.
If you would like to learn more or have any questions about the position of Worship Director at First Baptist Church of Peru, please contact us through any of the following means:
First Baptist Church
53 E. Main St.
Peru, IN 46970
ATTN: Worship Director Position.
In addition to the narrative, the following categorical breakdown describes key_noemailponents of the Worship Director position at FBC-Peru.
Because worship is at the center of our congregation's life, we believe our Worship Director must possess the following values:
*a personal and growing faith in Jesus Christ
* a calling to serve the Church through worship ministry
* a servant's heart
* a_noemailmitment to the Scriptures as a sure authority to all we believe and do
IMPORTANT GIFTS AND SKILLS
Due to our congregation's understanding and practice of worship, we believe these gifts and skills would be most beneficial to our Worship Director:
* experience in leading worship
* experience leading a worship band
* established vocal skills
* some understanding of music theory
* skill on an instrument, acoustic guitar especially
* the ability to plan a worship service with thematic flow
* a desire to disciple the worship band
* a desire to work collaboratively with the staff and Worship Team
We foresee the regular responsibilities of the Worship Director to include:
* foster an atmosphere where reverent, warm and intimate worship is possible
* prepare the order of worship and select music weekly
* prepare the worship band weekly, including coordinating details with members and leading rehearsal
* coordinate the details for each week's service with the pastor, attending staff meetings if possible
* preparation of materials necessary for the worship band
* coordination with the tech team each week in developing material necessary for worship
* tracking and recording necessary for CCLI licensing and copy right issues
TIME AND REMUNERATION
We believe it will take approximately 10-15 hours per week to fulfill the responsibilities of Worship Director. The salary for this position is negotiable.