David Chapel Missionary Baptist Church
Category: Christian Musician
Time Type: Part Time
1. Demonstrate a passionate commitment for Christ and His Kingdom through
personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
2. Seek to continually grow in that relationship with Christ through personal
spiritual discipline, education, accountability and service to His Kingdom.
1. Experience: At least 5 years of leading a congregation in public worship, with
a commitment of seeking opportunities to stay current, perhaps through further
2. Musical skills: Ability to play musical instrument(s) (e.g., keyboard, organ
and piano) by ear and read music. Also, an ability to hear read and teach
(SATB) parts and worship concepts to a team of singers.
3. Education: At least 1 year of musical, biblical and ministry education at the
collegiate level preferred.
1. Reports directly to the Minister of Music, Worship & Fine Arts.
2. Work with the Minister of Music Worship & Fine Arts to create a well outlined
and executed music plan for David Chapel worship services.
3. Oversee the development and function of the David Chapel Band
4. Schedule and facilitate all DC Band rehearsals
5. Serve as lead accompanist for choirs and soloists during worship services and
scheduled appearances outside of regular church services.
6. Provide musical accompaniment for David Chapel services, funerals, functions,
events, and engagements when necessary.
7. Perform a monthly instrument evaluation for repair or maintenance needs.
8. Select and obtain music and collaborate with Minister of MWFA for approval,
keeping in mind sermon topics and seasonal themes
9. Knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles and the ability to teach these
varying styles to the choir. These styles must include traditional and
contemporary worship music.
10. Attend all choir and group rehearsals requiring instrumental (e.g., keyboard,
organ and piano) accompaniment. The Musical Director should arrive proficient
on all music being rehearsed and performed.
11. Knowledge of and skilled in using software programs. (i.e. Protools, Logic,
Main Stage, Ableton Live, Pro Presenter, etc.)
12. Assist with choirs (when necessary)
13. Work with Media Ministry Leader with technical updates and weekly function.
14. Work with Media Ministry Leader to seek out new media tools and information
that will prove beneficial toward enhancing David Chapel services and events.
15. To oversee and coordinate the digital music repertoire storage for the DC
16. Assist with maintaining the Planning Center Online site.
17. Maintain the CCLI and/or similar license status.
18. Be responsible for enlisting and training participants for the DC Band
19. Oversee DC Band (instrumentalists) and assigned choir's budget needs and
recommendations to the Minister of MWFA.
20. Conduct yearly in house workshops.
21. Attend Wednesday night or another David Chapel Bible study
22. Willingness to join the David Chapel church family and to act as a Spiritual
Leader for the band and choirs.
23. Be in good standing at David Chapel (tithing and offering).